2023 Consular Assistant Job at USA Embassy ($343,350 – $343,350/Per Year)
LATEST JOBS IN KENYA 2023
- Careers at Homa-Bay County Public Service Board
- Hot Openings at National Police Service Commission
- Internship Opportunities at RTI International
- Career Opportunities at International Rescue Committee
- Applications and Clinical Demand Specialist at Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Career Opportunities at Co-operative Bank of Kenya
- Latest Recruitment at The Coca-Cola Company
- Job Opportunities at Royal Media Group
- Job Opportunities at University of Nairobi
- Job Openings at Azenia
- Job Openings at DanChurchAid (DCA)
- Regional Finance Officer (2 Positions) at Kenya Red Cross Society
- Job Opportunities at Standard Bank Group
- Career Opportunities at SGS
- Career Opportunities at Aga Khan University Hospital
- Job Opportunities at International Rescue Committee (9 Positions)
- Vacant Openings at World Bank Group
- Vacancies at Jubilee Insurance (7 Positions)
- Latest Recruitment at UNICEF
- Inua Elimu Governor’s Grant at Migori County
- Administration Assistant at Danish Refugee Council
- Vacancies at Council of Governors
- Job Opportunities at Standard Bank Group
- Vacancies at SOS Children’s Villages (2 Positions)
- Jobs at CURE International (Patient Attendant, Housekeeper)
- Call Centre Agents at HCS Africa
- Job Opportunities at Norwegian Refugee Council
- Career Opportunities at International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI)
- Career Opportunities at Kyosk Digital Services
- Career Opportunities at Equity Bank Kenya
2023 Consular Assistant Job at USA Embassy ($343,350 – $343,350/Per Year),
Consular Assistant (Closing Date: May 12, 2023)
Announcement #: WINDHOEK-2023-011
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 number of hours per week) Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (four weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Salary: (NAD) N$343,350 – (NAD) N$343,350/Per Year
Series/Grade: LE – 1405 – 8
Agency: Embassy Windhoek
Duties: Performs all aspects of consular work including non-immigrant visas, fraud investigations, passports, Consular Reports of Birth Abroad, boarding foils, loss of citizenship and renunciation, Consular Reports of Death, notarial services, and Special Consular Services (child custody, arrests, kidnappings, welfare and whereabouts inquiries, crime victim assistance, medical emergency, destitution, repatriation, prison visits, natural disasters, and similar events). S/he performs administrative duties and other office support as required.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: At least three years of experience in an administrative/government services field is required. Experience must include at least one year in a field involving extensive customer service and at least one year in a field involving the application of complex legal or regulatory material.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have good knowledge of applicable Namibian immigration and nationality laws.
Education Requirements: A Bachelor’s degree in law, international studies, modern languages, political science, or public administration is required.
Secondary School (Grade 12) PLUS 6 years of relevant work experience.
LANGUAGE: Level 4 – Fluent; written/spoken, including the ability to translate. This may be tested
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Customer service and interpersonal skills, ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks at one time, initiative and resourcefulness, attention to detail, problem-solving skills and resourcefulness are all required. Must be able to maintain one’s composure during periods of stress are critical as well as speed, accuracy, and organizational skills.
Demonstrated skills in MS Office Suite and general computer skills including information and database management is required. Also required to have basic arithmetic skills. Basic mechanical skills for operating specialized office machines related to issuance of visas and use of biometric- and document-scanning equipment are required. T
act and discretion, as well as good judgement, in dealing with the public need to obtain and retain required security clearances are required, in professional and personal environments. Ability to proactively establish and maintain professional contacts for the benefit of Department, Embassy, and Consular Affairs goals and objectives is required.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
To apply for this position visit ERA and click the “Apply to this Vacancy” on button.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
Required Documents: To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
All Applicants: 2023 Consular Assistant Job at the USA Embassy ($343,350 – $343,350/per year)
- National ID or Residency Permit
- Degree (not transcript)
- Certificate or License
Eligible Family Member Applicants: 2023 Consular Assistant Job at the USA Embassy ($343,350 – $343,350/per year)
- Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Passport copy
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
For More Info:
Next Steps: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Windhoek, Namibia.
2023 Consular Assistant Job at the USA Embassy ($343,350 – $343,350/per year)