Employment in Kenya
LATEST JOBS IN KENYA 2023
- World Food Programme (WFP) Vacancy Announcements
- International Rescue Committee Kenya Careers
- World Vision Kenya Jobs
- Canonical Kenya Job Opportunities
- CIC Insurance Careers
- Britam Career Opportunities
- Standard Chartered Bank Kenya Careers
- Danish Refugee Council Careers
- Diageo Careers
- 350+ Posts – Public Service Commission Jobs
- St Andrew’s School is Looking for a Graduate Assistant – Senior School
- PSC Jobs-Hiring Deputy County Commissioner (117 Positions)
- Vacancies at Public Service Commission Kenya (PSCK), Job Application Form Portal
- International School of Kenya Open Job Opportunities Closing September 15th 2023
- Young Women Christian Association Hiring in 3 Positions Before June 14th 2023
- I&M Bank is Looking to Fill 2 Open Positions, Submit Your Application
- UNODC Massive Hiring For Local Individual Contractors in Various Locations
- Public Service Commission, PSC Careers, 341 Vacancies, Online Application
- Generation Kenya Recruitment 2023 Application Portal-https://kenya.generation.org
- World Vision Kenya Recruitment Application Form Portal
- TSC Kenya Online Recruitment Portal 2023/2024 – https://tsconline.tsc.go.ke
- EAPCC Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Portal
- CAK Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Portal
- Summit Recruitment and Search 2023 Application Form Portal
- Northern Rangelands Trust Internships 2023 Application Form Portal
- Northern Rangelands Trust Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Kenya Red Cross Society Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Enumerators Recruitment 2023 Application (160 Positions) at Helen Keller International
- KEPHIS Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Crystal Recruit 2023 Jobs Application Form Portal
The average net salary for Accountant is KSh 35K. Salary estimated from 688 employees
- Average Salary-KSh 35K
- Base Salary-KSh 35K
- Cash Bonus (88 employees)-KSh 570K
- Profit Sharing (21 employees)-KSh 4.72M
- Sales Commission (16 employees)-KSh 11K
- Accommodation (26 employees)-KSh 8K
Entry Level Salary for Accountant
- (0 – 2 years experience)
- 254 employees
Mid Level Salary for Accountant
- (3 – 9 years experience)
- 338 employees
Senior Level Salary for Accountant
- (experience – 10 years & above)
- 96 employees
Who is a Accountant?
An accountant is a professional who performs accounting functions such as audits or financial statement analysis. Accountants can either be employed with an accounting firm or a large company with an internal accounting department, or they can set up an individual practice.
Duties of an Accountant
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Documents financial transactions
- Prepare and examine financial records.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Represent clients before taxing authorities and provide support during litigation involving financial issues.
- Four- year bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Master’s degree in accounting
- Professional certification like ICAN, ACCA, CIMA, etc
Detail-oriented, analytical and problem solving skills, ability to make well thought out decisions, excellent written and verbal communication skills, business acumen and interest, proficiency in IT.
Common Accountant Interview Questions
- A specific example of a challenge at work and how you dealt with it?
- Differentiate accounting from auditing
- Differentiate public and private accounting
- What are the qualities that make for a good accountant?
- How do you stay up to date on current accounting laws and regulations?
- Give me examples of the types of reports you generated in your last job.