Accounts Receivable Clerk at Canonical,
Accounts Receivable Clerk at Canonical
We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely and more cost effectively than any other company. If you’re interested in a career at Canonical, we are a remote-first company so please apply to any suitable role as skills are valued more than location, despite some having a preferred geographic preference.
Accounts Receivable Clerk
A day in the life of an Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Maintain accuracy of our A/R ledgers and reconciliation of accounts
- Manage our customer data (names, addresses, etc.), validate and get approval for new accounts, and maintain our audit record of customer data changes and approvals
- Process our customer invoices in a timely and accurate manner, including entry of invoices into accounting systems and maintain our files in a tidy and organised manner
- Efficiently resolve any problems prior to raising and issue of invoice
- Implement and comply with the Canonical credit control policy
- Maximise cash collection through the effective collection of debts and maintain records to track debt collection through to conclusion
- Ensure payments are received in line with contractual terms
- Help with our month end processes: bank reconciliations and balance sheet reconciliations
- Resolve questions/issues, escalating when appropriate in a timely manner
- Maintain compliance with processes and procedures, recommend corrective action when identified and maintain suitable records to demonstrate compliance
What You Will Bring To The Role
- Exceptional education achievements in an Accounting or Finance subject
- Excellent spreadsheet skills, including pivots, look ups etc.
- Excellent attention to detail, with great organisation skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Great communication skills that you will use when connecting directly with our vendors
- A passion for the world of Finance with ambition to progress your career
- Some experience using a major accounting system advantageous
What We Offer You
Your base pay will depend on various factors including your geographical location, level of experience, knowledge and skills. In addition to the benefits below, certain roles are also eligible for additional benefits and rewards including annual bonuses and sales incentives based on revenue or utilisation. Our compensation philosophy is to ensure equity right across our global workforce.
In addition to a competitive base pay, we provide all team members with additional benefits, which reflect our values and ideals. Please note that additional benefits may apply depending on the work location and, for more information on these, you can ask in the later stages of the recruitment process.
- Fully remote working environment – we’ve been working remotely since 2004!
- Personal learning and development budget of 2,000USD per annum
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual holiday leave
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunity to travel to new locations to meet colleagues at ‘sprints’
- Priority Pass for travel and travel upgrades for long haul company events