Administrative Assistant Internship at Chai Logistics Centre.
Administrative Assistant Internship at Chai Logistics Centre
Chai Logistics Centre (CLC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kenya Tea Development Agency (Holdings) Ltd based in Nairobi; it is a container freight station that handles containerized cargo, loose cargo and motor vehicles for further clearance. To ensure continued success and growth, we are seeking dynamic and highly talented individuals to join our team in the following exciting and challenging positions
Reporting to General Manager, the job holder will be responsible Providing high-level administrative and functional support to the office of the General Manager and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities are:
Operational Roles and Responsibilities
• Handling external and internal communication directed to the General Manager;
• Ensuring effective management of the General Managers diary and booking appointments for and on behalf
• Supervising the support staff assigned to the General Manager
• Organizing meetings and ensure the General Manager is well prepared for meetings;
• Provide logistical support at various functions as assigned;
• Maintain a proper document handling system in the office by keeping an efficient filing and retrieval system;
• Attend to inquiries and liaise with the appropriate staff as necessary to ensure that needs are satisfactorily attended to;
• Ensure the efficient and effective flow of communication between the office and customers, senior managers and other staff as appropriate;
• Carrying out clerical duties e.g. filing and photocopying.
• Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
The job holder must possess:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other related course;
• Minimum two (2) year experience;
• Must possess a high degree of confidentiality
• Must demonstrate high integrity and ethical practice;
• Must demonstrate ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
• Must be a team player who is able to work cordially in teams;
• Must demonstrate ability to multitask;
• Must demonstrate commitment to operational effectiveness;
• Should have ability to solve problems by applying relevant business knowledge;
• Should demonstrate professional expertise in the relevant work area;
• Must have the ability to communicate for both written and oral communication;
• Must be able to work under pressure;
• Must be a flexible person, who is willing to learn and able to work flexible hours to achieve goals;
• Must have knowledge in use of MS office packages
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Chai Logistics Centre Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.