Associate Programme Management Officer, P2 at United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
LATEST JOBS IN KENYA 2023
- World Food Programme (WFP) Vacancy Announcements
- International Rescue Committee Kenya Careers
- World Vision Kenya Jobs
- Canonical Kenya Job Opportunities
- CIC Insurance Careers
- Britam Career Opportunities
- Standard Chartered Bank Kenya Careers
- Danish Refugee Council Careers
- Diageo Careers
- 350+ Posts – Public Service Commission Jobs
- St Andrew’s School is Looking for a Graduate Assistant – Senior School
- PSC Jobs-Hiring Deputy County Commissioner (117 Positions)
- Vacancies at Public Service Commission Kenya (PSCK), Job Application Form Portal
- International School of Kenya Open Job Opportunities Closing September 15th 2023
- Young Women Christian Association Hiring in 3 Positions Before June 14th 2023
- I&M Bank is Looking to Fill 2 Open Positions, Submit Your Application
- UNODC Massive Hiring For Local Individual Contractors in Various Locations
- Public Service Commission, PSC Careers, 341 Vacancies, Online Application
- Generation Kenya Recruitment 2023 Application Portal-https://kenya.generation.org
- World Vision Kenya Recruitment Application Form Portal
- TSC Kenya Online Recruitment Portal 2023/2024 – https://tsconline.tsc.go.ke
- EAPCC Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Portal
- CAK Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Portal
- Summit Recruitment and Search 2023 Application Form Portal
- Northern Rangelands Trust Internships 2023 Application Form Portal
- Northern Rangelands Trust Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Kenya Red Cross Society Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Enumerators Recruitment 2023 Application (160 Positions) at Helen Keller International
- KEPHIS Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Crystal Recruit 2023 Jobs Application Form Portal
Associate Programme Management Officer, P2 at United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
Jobs at United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the world’s environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the environment.
Associate Programme Management Officer, P2
This position is located in the Ecosystems Division, Global Environment Facility (GEF) Biodiversity and Land Degradation Unit at the Nairobi duty station. Under the supervision of the UNEP GEF Task Manager and the Head, Global Environment Facility Biodiversity and Land Degradation Unit, the incumbent will be responsible for the coordination of the Support to the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD), National Reporting Process Project and will be performing for the following duties:
- Works with UNCCD Country Parties and other stakeholders to facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of projects in the Umbrella UNCCD National reporting, monitors and analyzes specific aspects of programme/project development and taking necessary action to ensure timely project internalization and reporting compliance.
- Carries out basic research and reviews relevant documents and reports, identifies problems and issues to be addressed and recommends corrective actions, liaises with UNCCD National Focal Points, UNCCD Secretariat, the Global Mechanism of the UNCCD and Country Party executing agencies and identifies and tracks follow-up actions.
- Provides substantive support for policy and coordinates activities related to project progress reports, budget funding, expenditure report reviews, and considers financial reports as submitted by countries including providing support to budgeting for work plans.
- Reviews, appraises and revises, as necessary, project monitoring functions, including the review and analysis of emerging issues and trends, tracks UNCCD policy decisions and project milestones that impact the UNCCD National Reporting Umbrella project.
- Provides substantive support in coordinating assignments, in collaboration with the client, by planning and facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan the client will use to manage their projects.
- Liaises with country teams to support the national level UNCCD reporting processes as necessary.
- Participates in survey initiatives, design of data collection tools, establishes internal project databases, relevant to the scope of programme/project activities.
- Contributes to the preparation of various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications. Coordination at all phases of the GEF Project Cycle within the Biodiversity and Land Degradation Unit.
- Provides administrative and substantive support to consultative and other meetings and conferences including proposing agenda topics, identifying and proposed participants, preparation of background documents and presentations and handling logistics.
- Undertakes outreach activities, participates in field missions, participates in the development of training workshops, seminars and participates in and makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Coordinates activities related to budget funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, among others.) and preparation of related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget).
- Contributes to the collection and analysis of data as well as identification of trends or patterns and provides draft insights through graphs, charts, tables and reports using data visualization methods for data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting.
- Performs other duties as required.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to particular sector, functional area or other specialized field. Ability to assist in data collection, analysis and interpretation in support of decision-making and convey resulting information to management. Ability to identify issues, analyze and participate in the resolution of issues/problems. Possess conceptual, analytical and evaluative skills to conduct independent research and analysis, including familiarity with and experience in the use of various research sources, including electronic sources on the internet, intranet, and other databases. Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work. Ability to analyze and interpret data in support of decision-making and convey resulting information to management.
- COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors’ language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- PLANNING & ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- An advanced degree (Masters or equivalent) in Public Policy, International Affairs, International Relations or a related field is required.
- A first level university degree in combination with an additional two (2) years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
Job – Specific Qualification
- Additional training and certification in Project and Programme management e.g. PRINCE2 certification, UN Project Management Certification is desirable.
- A minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in project/programme management in reporting on land management, economic or social development relevant to desertification, land degradation and drought or related discipline is required.
- Experience working with global donor funding programmes such as the Global Environment Facility (GEF) including knowledge of GEF Secretariat policies is desirable.
- Experience with the UNEP GEF project cycle and processes is desirable.
- Experience in the preparation and implementation of global Multi-Country programmes and projects is desirable.
- Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems is desirable.
- One (1) year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable (none if successful YPP or P-1 with a related degree).
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
Method of Application
- Trending Jobs in Kenya 2023
- Latest Jobs in Kenya 2023
- Positive Words to Describe Yourself on Your CV
- Top Ten Words to Avoid Using on Your CV
- Positive Words to Describe Your Day-to-Day Work on Your CV
- Useful Phrases To Use When Applying For A Job
- MOD Interviewer and Interviewee Questions and Answers
- Interview Questions For Public Service Commission Positions
- Most Common Interview Question And Answers 2023