Employment in Kenya
Business Development Manager at Christian Blind Mission (CBM)
LATEST JOBS IN KENYA 2023
- World Food Programme (WFP) Vacancy Announcements
- International Rescue Committee Kenya Careers
- World Vision Kenya Jobs
- Canonical Kenya Job Opportunities
- CIC Insurance Careers
- Britam Career Opportunities
- Standard Chartered Bank Kenya Careers
- Danish Refugee Council Careers
- Diageo Careers
- 350+ Posts – Public Service Commission Jobs
- St Andrew’s School is Looking for a Graduate Assistant – Senior School
- PSC Jobs-Hiring Deputy County Commissioner (117 Positions)
- Vacancies at Public Service Commission Kenya (PSCK), Job Application Form Portal
- International School of Kenya Open Job Opportunities Closing September 15th 2023
- Young Women Christian Association Hiring in 3 Positions Before June 14th 2023
- I&M Bank is Looking to Fill 2 Open Positions, Submit Your Application
- UNODC Massive Hiring For Local Individual Contractors in Various Locations
- Public Service Commission, PSC Careers, 341 Vacancies, Online Application
- Generation Kenya Recruitment 2023 Application Portal-https://kenya.generation.org
- World Vision Kenya Recruitment Application Form Portal
- TSC Kenya Online Recruitment Portal 2023/2024 – https://tsconline.tsc.go.ke
- EAPCC Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Portal
- CAK Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Portal
- Summit Recruitment and Search 2023 Application Form Portal
- Northern Rangelands Trust Internships 2023 Application Form Portal
- Northern Rangelands Trust Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Kenya Red Cross Society Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Enumerators Recruitment 2023 Application (160 Positions) at Helen Keller International
- KEPHIS Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Crystal Recruit 2023 Jobs Application Form Portal
Business Development Manager at Christian Blind Mission (CBM)
Christian Blind Mission (CBM) Kenya is an independent Member Association of the CBM Family, registered under Kenyan law as an incorporated company limited by guarantee, having a Memorandum and Articles of Association with a membership, board and company secretary. The association submits an annual audit and company returns.
Business Development Manager
Local Lead of key Business Development (BD) activities:
- Lead of country specific Business Development (BD) activities, coordinating with the Country Director (CD), Regional Programme Manager and relevant technical leads
- Coordination of country input in opportunity assessment and proposal development
- Identify and track relevant upcoming funding opportunities – through advance intelligence gathering, partner relationships, and other available resources – and inform relevant internal stakeholders.
- Conduct a periodic pipeline analysis and presentations to CO senior management to refocus on strategic financing and growth.
Project Management of BD initiatives:
- Implementation of the Country Pilot Programme: Local set-up (including landscape analysis, where required), tracking implementation, monitoring / reporting, and troubleshooting – reporting back to the Country Director and Institutional Donors BD Lead.
Planning and Coordination:
- Assessment of Partner portfolio vs. BD targets, support development of in-country Consortia portfolio and new partners
- Input into Country Strategic Planning
- Coordinate BD plans within the CBM ‘three Way Working Model’
- Communicate status updates and collaborate with Institutional Donors team on progress against BD goals and donor lead
- Manage ID open solicitations and other proposal submissions, including teaming discussions and bid strategy, oversight of and contribution to design and cost proposal, capacity statements, and internal review/quality control processes as per set timelines.
- Ensure that all business meetings are duly minuted, tracked, and coordinated with line manager.
- Establish long standing and successful relationship with key partners through conducting stakeholders mapping and developing strategies to building relationship**.**
Donor Development, Relationship Management & Networking:
- Lead the in-country stakeholder mapping, prioritization and develop strategies for networking.
- Relationship management and Networking with donor and strategic partner contacts in the country,
- Represent CBM’s business development interests at relevant meetings, events, and within resource mobilization or donor-specific peer networks
- Opportunity-identification and horizon-scanning for new strategic prospects within core donor set Support development and management of strategic partnership, in liaison with the Country Office Programme Manager and Finance Manager
- Support the development of Country Office capacity in order to increase financial gains for CBM strategy 2030.
- Setup and support implementation of capacity-building and strengthening activities within Country Office, while at the same time fostering lateral learning
- University Degree in social work, development studies or any other relevant course
- Substantive experience in the development sector in project management, business development and consortium approaches to programming
- Experience working with and designing for bilateral and multilateral donor funding mechanisms, policies, and procedures.
- Proven track fund raising track record.
- Knowledge and experience in business development, fundraising concepts and practice in the development sector
- Proficiency in writing, editing, research, organization and time management
- Experience in capacity building and providing technical support and guidance
- Structured, quality-oriented and solution-oriented approach to work
- Independent, outgoing personality with high professional & social competence and diplomatic skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments, cultures, and time zones
- Very good knowledge of English, additional language skills (German or French) are an advantage
- Willingness and flexibility to travel to partner countries of development cooperation
- Willingness to adhere and commit to CBM’s Code of conduct, CBM Values and Safeguarding Policy
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Christian Blind Mission (CBM) on jobs.cbm.org to apply