Career Opportunities at BirdLife International
LATEST JOBS IN KENYA 2023
- Career Opportunities at SunCulture Kenya (3 Positions)
- World YWCA Leadership Cohort 2023 Open For Application
- Career Opportunities at Aga Khan University Hospital
- UNFPA Kenya is Looking For Communications Interns
- International Labor Organization (ILO) Open 3 Positions
- Job Opportunities at Ministry of Tourism and Wildlife (20 Positions)
- Career Openings at Moi University (2 Positions)
- Career at JM Associates (Audit Semi-Senior, Audit Senior)
- Summit Recruitment and Search 4 Open Positions
- NCBA Group Hiring in 3 Positions; Apply Today
- Crystal Recruit Hiring in 4 Positions; Apply Today
- Careers at West Indian Ocean Cable Company (WIOCC)
- Civil Engineering Internship- 2 Posts at Megawatt Power & Telecommunications Company Ltd
- CIC Insurance Open Career Opportunities
- Food and Agriculture Organization Hiring Project Assistant
- British High Commission Nairobi Hiring Social Secretary
- Client Services Intern at Jubilee Insurance
- Accountancy as a Career; Roles, Skills, Pros and Cons Explained
- Part Time Jobs for Students: Local Jobs, Campus Jobs – Kenya
- Tips On how to Find Best Part Time Jobs in Kenya as a Student
- List Of Best Part Time Jobs In Kenya
- List Of 10 Best Jobs You Can Get in Kenya Without a Degree
- List Of Best Recruitment Agencies For Jobs Abroad In Kenya
- Internship Opportunities at Elysian Resort Runda
- Vacancies Open at Kenya Airways
- Career Jobs at Cytonn Investments
- Data Entry Work From Home Jobs: How to Submit Application
- Careers Openings at Kwale County Government; How to Apply
- Looking for an Opportunity in Humanitarian Affairs? Apply for 54 Humanitarian Jobs
- Apply for McCall MacBain Scholarships at McGill 2024 Cohort
Career Opportunities at BirdLife International
BirdLife International is a global partnership of conservation organisations (NGOs) that strives to conserve birds, their habitats and global biodiversity, working with people towards sustainability in the use of natural resources. Together we are 121 BirdLife Partners worldwide – one per country or territory – and growing. We are driven by our belief that local people, working for nature in their own places but connected nationally and internationally through our global Partnership, are the key to sustaining all life on this planet. This unique local-to-global approach delivers high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
Responsibilities: The roles of the Finance Assistant will be:
- Receive, track, and sort all payment requests confirming they are properly approved for processing.
- Enter the ERP all approved vendor invoices for payment while observing segregation of duties.
- Processing and timely submissions of statutory tax deductions with the relevant authorities.
- Petty cash management and reconciliation.
- Preparation of payment vouchers and cheques and ensuring that payments are made on time.
- Support the staff imprest funds requisitions and liquidation processes.
- Assists in preparing and posting journals.
- Share remittance advice with supply chain for all processed vendor payments.
- Perform banking roles such as cash depositing.
- Ensure that all financial documents are properly filed for easy retrieval.
- Support audits in retrieval of sampled documents.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Finance Coordinator.
Required skills, experience, and qualifications:
- University degree in Finance, Accounting,
- CPA 11 qualifications.
- In-depth experience with Excel spreadsheets
- Good understanding of local taxation in Kenya.
- Proven track record working in a finance office in an NGO or commercial sector.
- High motivation, desire to achieve; attention to detail, excellent organisational skills, and ability to work to high standards with tight deadlines.
- Team worker who can motivate others as well as themselves.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to work with people with various levels of competence.
- Ability to analyse problems.
- Flexibility and ability to work independently.
- Computer literacy in all standard Microsoft office applications in particular MS Excel
- Knowledge in ERP system an added advantage.
- Oral and written fluency in English
Application deadline: 12th May 2023
Africa Forest Coordinator
Leadership and coordination of BirdLife Africa Forest Conservation Programme:
- Lead roll-out of the BirdLife Forest Conservation Strategies in the GFWA.
- Lead development and implementation of a Forest Flagship Initiative for Africa.
- Establish a community of Practice for Forest Conservation work in Africa.
- Strengthen links with other BirdLife Africa initiatives and Partners elsewhere in Africa.
- Explore options for sustainable financing mechanisms for long-term management of priority forest landscapes.
- In coordination with the Global Forest Team, lead the BirdLife Forest Landscape Accelerator Programme in Africa.
Management and development of forest conservation projects:
- Provide strategic oversight and guidance for ongoing forest projects and collaborative work, ensure clarity of roles, responsibilities, and functions between BirdLife and Partners, and maintain good working relationships.
- Supervise effective management of existing portfolio of forest conservation projects and ensure timely delivery of high-quality reports and other project deliverables.
- Based on the list of priority landscapes identified in the Region, develop new forest conservation projects as per need to cover priority conservation gaps, and/or co-finance existing ones.
Mobilize resources (funds, partnerships, and information) for forest conservation in Africa:
- In collaboration with the Fundraising team, enhance fundraising drive for forest conservation, including through i) cultivation and maintenance of relationships with donors and development institutions, ii) developing of strong concepts/proposals and matching them with funding opportunities, or iii) establish strategic partnerships with other institutions to join efforts with and improve likelihood of access to more substantial funding.
- Ensure quality control of proposals, and compliance with both donor guidelines and BirdLife internal processes.
Promote BirdLife Africa’s Forest Conservation achievements:
- Represent BirdLife in international forums and be the focal person on BirdLife Africa Forest Programme.
- Facilitate documentation and dissemination of lessons from forest conservation actions in Africa.
Provide specific support to Asity Madagascar in ensuring successful delivery of forest conservation portfolio in Madagascar:
- Ensure delivery of high-quality report submitted to the Donor for the ongoing projects.
- Oversee implementation of the forest project portfolio and provide technical support, guidance, input, suggest adaptive management as needed during the implementation to ensure implementation is on track.
- Provide strategic support to Asity Madagascar, with support of the PCCD team.
Required skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Master’s degree level in conservation, natural resources management, sustainable development, social sciences, rural development, environmental economics, forestry, or other relevant fields.
- Good understanding of forest and biodiversity conservation in the Africa context.
- Design, implementation, and monitoring of complex and multistakeholder conservation.
- Understanding of key institutions driving forest loss and conservation in Africa, their mandates and opportunity to influence them.
- Working with NGOs, government agencies, private sector, and community-based organizations
- Successful proposal development
- Proven work experience in project/programme management
- Significant relevant experience at senior management level in international conservation (with demonstrable experience in Africa) and organisational management
- Desirable: Experience in market-based instruments such as voluntary carbon markets, REDD+, PES, conservation trust funds and/or other areas of conservation finance is desirable, engaging with the private sector, including with corporates or commodity value and supply chains.
- Abilities: to act independently, in Finance Management, to motivate and collaborate with others with cultural sensitivity, to network and proactively engage with other organizations, including key donors, to work under pressure and meet deadlines, to manage and prioritize concurrent projects or areas of work, to write professional articles and give presentations to international audiences, to communicate complex processes and ideas to specialist and non-specialist audiences alike.
- Excellent oral and written English skills. Working proficiency in French would be an asset.
- Good analytical skills required.
- Promotes innovative ways to solve biodiversity conservation and community development issues.
- Effective at analysing complex environments and resolving problems with practical solutions.
- Ability to motivate and guide staff particularly in both line/non-line-management relationship.
- Collaborative, flexible, and respectful of others’ knowledge and experience.
- Self-motivated, curious, and interested in new ideas.
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite required. GIS/remote sensing skills would be an asset. Database management skills would be an asset.
- Frequent travel, up to eight weeks per year.
Application deadline: 15th May 2023
Method of Application
Applications, including a covering letter summarizing the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and names and contact addresses of three referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity, should be sent via email before the deadline to: email@example.com
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.