CIHEB Kenya Open Careers; Submit Application
LATEST JOBS IN KENYA 2023
- World Food Programme (WFP) Vacancy Announcements
- International Rescue Committee Kenya Careers
- World Vision Kenya Jobs
- Canonical Kenya Job Opportunities
- CIC Insurance Careers
- Britam Career Opportunities
- Standard Chartered Bank Kenya Careers
- Danish Refugee Council Careers
- Diageo Careers
- 350+ Posts – Public Service Commission Jobs
- St Andrew’s School is Looking for a Graduate Assistant – Senior School
- PSC Jobs-Hiring Deputy County Commissioner (117 Positions)
- Vacancies at Public Service Commission Kenya (PSCK), Job Application Form Portal
- International School of Kenya Open Job Opportunities Closing September 15th 2023
- Young Women Christian Association Hiring in 3 Positions Before June 14th 2023
- I&M Bank is Looking to Fill 2 Open Positions, Submit Your Application
- UNODC Massive Hiring For Local Individual Contractors in Various Locations
- Public Service Commission, PSC Careers, 341 Vacancies, Online Application
- Generation Kenya Recruitment 2023 Application Portal-https://kenya.generation.org
- World Vision Kenya Recruitment Application Form Portal
- TSC Kenya Online Recruitment Portal 2023/2024 – https://tsconline.tsc.go.ke
- EAPCC Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Portal
- CAK Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Portal
- Summit Recruitment and Search 2023 Application Form Portal
- Northern Rangelands Trust Internships 2023 Application Form Portal
- Northern Rangelands Trust Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Kenya Red Cross Society Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Enumerators Recruitment 2023 Application (160 Positions) at Helen Keller International
- KEPHIS Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Crystal Recruit 2023 Jobs Application Form Portal
CIHEB Kenya Open Careers; Submit Application
Kenya Jobs in Education / Teaching / View Jobs at The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB) Kenya
Ciheb is an international health, education, and research center founded by the Institute of Human Virology within the University of Maryland, Baltimore’s School of Medicine. The center is comprised of a network of international experts who work with local stakeholders to combat infectious and non-communicable diseases in resource-limited regions of the world.
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Duties and Responsibilities
An officer at this level will be responsible for –
- Preparation of sub recipient Monthly Invoice and Expenditure reports.
- Preparation of Financial reports and ascertaining supporting documents for compliance with GAAPs, CFR and Donor Policies.
- Maintaining books of accounts, financial records and implementing policies and procedures for assigned donors.
- Monitoring expenditure and performance indicators for sub recipient against approved budget activities.
- Preforming Human resources management and payroll processing.
- Conduct financial site visits and document/report findings and recommendations
- Support both internal and external A-133 Audit and Business System Analysis.
- Performing other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have –
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Finance option), Business Management or Finance, Economics, Business Administration Plus Certified Public Accountant (CPA) K or Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA);
- Minimum of three years’ experience from a donor funded project.
- Knowledge of USG rules and regulations for donor funded projects.
- Demonstrate high understanding of finance and accounting policies and procedures.
- High level of integrity
- Computer proficiency with a good grasp of MS office
- Knowledge of Quick books QB is mandatory.
Facility Data Clerk will be fully responsible for patient health records and patient information management in the health facility.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support mmanagement of patient filing system at health facility, this will include day-to-day retrieval of patient charts, archival and safe storage of files and registers in all service delivery points.
- Monitor to ensure complete documentation of patient files and registers including filling of page summaries in all facility registers.
- Routine data updating of patient information from files, registers and other reporting tools to EMR.
- Data entry and updating of patient information from data capture and recoding tools to EMR.
- Conduct routine data quality audit of facility records, all patient beneficiary records and registers.
- Compile and ensure timely submission of facility monthly MOH reports (MoH 731, MoH 731 Plus, and KPIF as well as Program reports.
- Timely and correctly, upload all appropriate facility data into KHIS, 3PM, National Data Ware House and other databases as may be required by the program and MoH.
- Conduct timely facility level data analysis and implement DDIU strategies for improved data use.
- Disseminate reports on a monthly, quarterly and on need basis to the facility multi-disciplinary team.
- Monthly update of ALL facility-talking wall charts for facility progress review.
Compile monthly MoH 731/ 731-Plus and PEPFAR/DATIM/3PM HIV-related reports
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- College Diploma with a specialization in Health Records and Information
- Computer proficiency particularly with the MS-Office suite
- A good understanding of health data management
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in a health facility supporting HIV programs.
- Knowledge on KP SI systems is an added advantage
HTS Counsellors ( 2 Positions)
Reporting to the facility in-charge, the HTS provider provides HIV Counselling and testing services to all individuals at facility and community level and support successful linkage of HIV-infected individuals in HIV care services
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide HIV counselling and testing services as per Kenya HTS national guidelines.
- Provide assisted partner notification services for all index clients.
- Provide health education to clients as a strategy to increase demand for HIV testing services.
- Optimize testing for all eligible clients at facility level and ensure testing efficiency.
- Provide counselling services addressing HIV prevention including risk reduction interventions and behavior change, use of ART for HIV prevention, etc.
- Conduct risk screening for HTS clients, provide prevention services for the HIV negative clients including PrEP, and distribute condoms and lubricant at facility and community.
- Ensure confirmed linkage (target of 95%) of HIV positive clients.
- Conduct defaulter tracing of pre-enrollment clients not linked to care in supported facilities.
- Assess and document all referrals, make follow-up and report on referral outcomes.
- Compile and submit monthly HTS reports.
- Initiate and conduct posttest clubs and support groups.
- Participate in the site HTS QA/QC processes i.e., proficiency testing, direct observed practice sessions, support supervision.
- Conduct CQI activities to improve gaps identified based on data.
- Certificate in HTC Counselling (NASCOP Certified)
- Training in Assisted Partner Notification Services (aPNS)
- Diploma in Counselling Psychology, Social work, Community health, Public Health or any other health related course.
- Two (2) years’ experience in HIV counselling and testing
Registered Nurse (2 Positions)
Reporting to the facility in-charge, the nurse will oversee the implementation of HIV care activities in the Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT) services integration in the health facility assigned.
- Support ANC, PNC, and Maternity HIV testing services.
- Ensure ART uptake among HIV infected pregnant/lactating women.
- Ensure viral suppression among PMTCT women.
- Oversee the provision of early infant diagnosis, care and follow-up of HIV-exposed infants.
- Ensure follow-up and retention of HIV-infected pregnant/lactating women and HIV-exposed infants (HEI) by use of the case management model.
- Strengthen linkages between PMTCT and HEI services and Comprehensive Care Clinics.
- Strengthen facility-community/community-facility linkages with the help of CHVs and case managers.
- Supervise eMTCT services provided by the maternal case managers.
- Work hand in hand with the clinical officers to implement patients Plan of Care.
- Perform TB intensified case finding for PLHIV on every clinical encounter.
- Initiate TB Preventive Therapy (TPT) for the eligible PLHIV
- Ensure 12 month/24 month HEI Cohort Analysis (HCA), PCR positive validation, and audits and PMTCT reports are done each month.
- Participate in MNCH Working Improvement Teams (WITS) and initiate CQI projects on gaps identified.
- Participate in MNCH in generation, compilation, and utilization of PMTCT data.
- Participate in Continous Professional development as required by nursing council.
- Perform any other duty as maybe assigned by the organization.
- Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing, Kenya Registered Nursing, Kenya Registered Midwifery, Kenya Registered Nursing/Midwifery or Kenya Registered Nursing/Mental Health and Psychiatry from a recognized institution
- Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Valid practicing license from Nursing Council of Kenya
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution.
- NASCOP Certification in Provision of both adult and pediatric ART, and PMCT is an added advantage
- Two (2) years’ experience, 1 year of which should be within a busy HIV Comprehensive Care Centre and/or in the provision of PMTCT services.
- Demonstrable knowledge of HIV/ART management, diagnosis and treatment procedures of conditions associated with HIV, adherence support and PMTCT service delivery.
Method of Application
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 16th May 2023. Applicants are advised to include the title on the subject line.The Centre for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.