Consultants Openings at World Health Organization
LATEST JOBS IN KENYA 2023
- World Food Programme (WFP) Vacancy Announcements
- International Rescue Committee Kenya Careers
- World Vision Kenya Jobs
- Canonical Kenya Job Opportunities
- CIC Insurance Careers
- Britam Career Opportunities
- Standard Chartered Bank Kenya Careers
- Danish Refugee Council Careers
- Diageo Careers
- 350+ Posts – Public Service Commission Jobs
- St Andrew’s School is Looking for a Graduate Assistant – Senior School
- PSC Jobs-Hiring Deputy County Commissioner (117 Positions)
- Vacancies at Public Service Commission Kenya (PSCK), Job Application Form Portal
- International School of Kenya Open Job Opportunities Closing September 15th 2023
- Young Women Christian Association Hiring in 3 Positions Before June 14th 2023
- I&M Bank is Looking to Fill 2 Open Positions, Submit Your Application
- UNODC Massive Hiring For Local Individual Contractors in Various Locations
- Public Service Commission, PSC Careers, 341 Vacancies, Online Application
- Generation Kenya Recruitment 2023 Application Portal-https://kenya.generation.org
- World Vision Kenya Recruitment Application Form Portal
- TSC Kenya Online Recruitment Portal 2023/2024 – https://tsconline.tsc.go.ke
- EAPCC Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Portal
- CAK Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Portal
- Summit Recruitment and Search 2023 Application Form Portal
- Northern Rangelands Trust Internships 2023 Application Form Portal
- Northern Rangelands Trust Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Kenya Red Cross Society Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Enumerators Recruitment 2023 Application (160 Positions) at Helen Keller International
- KEPHIS Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Crystal Recruit 2023 Jobs Application Form Portal
Consultants Openings at World Health Organization,
Consultants Openings at World Health Organization
Careers at World Health Organization
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health. It was established on 7 April 1948, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Consultant – Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD) Implementation Research (IR)
Purpose of consultancy
To coordinate a portfolio on Implementation Research for the management of NCDs in primary health care across two departments: the NCD Department and the Alliance for Health Policy and Systems Research (AHPSR).
Deliverable 1: Coordinate the management of the Alliance and NCD Department’s portfolio of NCD implementation research.
- Deliverable 1.1: Facilitate processes of priority setting, capacity building, research and knowledge utilization activities in LMICs.
- Deliverable 1.2: Develop, and coordinate the development of relevant technical products, documents, reports, and journal publications, and make presentations on the work of this portfolio to diverse audiences as needed.
- Deliverable 1.3: Liaise with in country and international partners, research institutes, policy makers and funders to advance the aims of this portfolio.
- Deliverable 1.4: Provide technical expertise to the TAG-NCD R&I including preparation of pre-meeting materials and formal meeting reports.
Deliverable 2: Contribute to the development of partnerships with other departments within WHO and external partners with the aim of advancing the broader field of IR on NCDs.
- Deliverable 2.1: Build relationships with policy and decision-makers, researchers and funders to stimulate and support the generation of HPSR and IR evidence and its uptake in decision-making in LMICs by identifying and connecting different partners in this space.
- Deliverable 2.2: Provide technical guidance to researchers and decision makers, organize and facilitate meetings, symposia and conferences to better understand challenges to HPSR and IR evidence generation and uptake in LMICs and advocate for the Alliance HPSR’s role in strengthening health systems.
- Deliverable 3: Deliver a monthly report summarizing progress on the above.
Qualifications, experience, skills and languages
- Advanced university degree in Public Health, Health Policy, Health Systems or Health Systems Research.
- PhD in Public Health, Health Policy, Health Systems or Health Systems Research.
- A minimum of seven years of experience in the conduct and management of HPSR and IR in LMICs.
- Experience in engaging with initiatives and networks for IR and working with national and subnational leaders.
- A track record of relevant publications in peer-reviewed journals in areas relating to IR or HPSR.
- Research coordination and management experience in a department, organization, or project / consortium engaged in international development work.
- Experience in developing partnerships with policymakers in Member States towards facilitating evidence informed-decision making at the national and global levels.
- Experience in developing and maintaining partnerships with other stakeholders in the HPSR community including global and national research institutions and global health funders.
- Experience in developing and managing the monitoring and evaluation frameworks for reporting to donors.
- Relevant experience at the global, regional and/or country level with an international organization.
- Expertise on noncommunicable diseases and research on health systems strengthening in LMICs, including demand driven IR.
- Excellent understanding of the current state of HPSR and IR, challenges and opportunities facing the field, and linkages with larger global health agendas.
- Ability to conceptualize and develop high quality HPSR and IR outputs including journal articles to inform health system strengthening in LMICs.
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills towards engaging with high-level policymakers in Member States, global health donor agencies and global experts in health systems research.
- Proven programme management skills towards ensuring timely production of high-quality deliverables.
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to tailor messages depending on the intended audience.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with international and national staff at all levels.
- Good understanding of the requirements of working with policy and decision makers and stimulating the use of evidence, especially in developing countries.
- Good track record of management of projects and research grants and coordinating or conduction implementation research in LMICs.
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal.
Consultant – Immunisation
Purpose of consultancy
To establish the cost-effectiveness or cost-benefit of two different Ebola vaccination strategies (reactive and preventive) with the different vaccines to better inform decision makers in the affected and at-risk countries about the use of the two vaccines.
- Estimate the Ebola vaccine demand in countries at risk of Ebola Zaire outbreak (health care workers, front-line workers, other populations at high risk).
- Estimate the financial costs associated (per person targeted) to ring vaccination during outbreaks.
- Evaluate the vaccine needs and cost of alternative vaccination targeting strategies (e.g. high risk contacts and contact of contacts, case area targeted interventions) and share of the information and coordinate the plan of analysis of the cost-benefit and cost-effectiveness estimates with LSHTM and the Imperial College.
Qualifications, experience, skills and languages.
- Advanced university degree in sciences, health economy, medicine, biochemistry, pharmacy, public health.
- Masters or postgraduate degree in vaccinology/immunization programmes.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in immunization strategies and vaccines, estimation of vaccine demand and costs.
- Experience in Ebola vaccination strategies: ring vaccination and preventive vaccination of HCWs and FLWs.
- Proven experience with WHO, and African Countries authorities at ministerial level in Immunization Programmes and Regulatory Authorities.
- Good knowledge of cost/benefits economic analysis.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Trending Jobs in Kenya 2023
- Latest Jobs in Kenya 2023
- Positive Words to Describe Yourself on Your CV
- Top Ten Words to Avoid Using on Your CV
- Positive Words to Describe Your Day-to-Day Work on Your CV
- Useful Phrases To Use When Applying For A Job
- MOD Interviewer and Interviewee Questions and Answers
- Interview Questions For Public Service Commission Positions
- Most Common Interview Question And Answers 2023