DRC 4Mi Project Manager
LATEST JOBS IN KENYA 2023
- Careers at Homa-Bay County Public Service Board
- Hot Openings at National Police Service Commission
- Internship Opportunities at RTI International
- Career Opportunities at International Rescue Committee
- Applications and Clinical Demand Specialist at Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Career Opportunities at Co-operative Bank of Kenya
- Latest Recruitment at The Coca-Cola Company
- Job Opportunities at Royal Media Group
- Job Opportunities at University of Nairobi
- Job Openings at Azenia
- Job Openings at DanChurchAid (DCA)
- Regional Finance Officer (2 Positions) at Kenya Red Cross Society
- Job Opportunities at Standard Bank Group
- Career Opportunities at SGS
- Career Opportunities at Aga Khan University Hospital
- Job Opportunities at International Rescue Committee (9 Positions)
- Vacant Openings at World Bank Group
- Vacancies at Jubilee Insurance (7 Positions)
- Latest Recruitment at UNICEF
- Inua Elimu Governor’s Grant at Migori County
- Administration Assistant at Danish Refugee Council
- Vacancies at Council of Governors
- Job Opportunities at Standard Bank Group
- Vacancies at SOS Children’s Villages (2 Positions)
- Jobs at CURE International (Patient Attendant, Housekeeper)
- Call Centre Agents at HCS Africa
- Job Opportunities at Norwegian Refugee Council
- Career Opportunities at International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI)
- Career Opportunities at Kyosk Digital Services
- Career Opportunities at Equity Bank Kenya
DRC 4Mi Project Manager
Overall purpose of the role
The specific objectives of the 4Mi Project Manager will be to lead and support the implementation of the 4Mi project in Eastern and Southern Africa | Egypt and Yemen and continue efforts to expand to the Great Lakes and Southern Africa, to establish a continually improved knowledge base for protection response to mixed migration and better inform public policy. 4Mi has been rolled out in Djibouti, Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia, Sudan, and Uganda and with a history of activities in South Africa. The successful candidate will ensure that the existing 4Mi structure and network shall continue to meet the needs of humanitarian and development stakeholders whilst expanding 4Mi into new localities and countries in the region. This role will also advise the MMC global team on expansions and strengthening of 4Mi programming across the world.
Daily 4Mi operations and staff management
- To oversee the operations, implementation and management of the 4Mi project in East Africa, Yemen and Egypt / Great Lakes / Southern Africa and where relevant coordinate with the 4Mi Global Coordinator and the other 4Mi PMs. To ensure that all 4Mi project targets/donor deliverables are met.
- To manage the 4Mi Information Management Officers and 4Mi Project Officers/Coordinators who coordinate a network of field enumerators in different countries using digital technology to survey mixed migration.
- To identify partners, key informants, contacts and other interlocutors critical to the success of this project, represent MMC at conferences and workshops, and establish close working relations with relevant existing mixed migration-related agencies in different countries.
- Responsibly manage all 4Mi budgets and forecasts and ensure timely and regular donor reporting.
- In support of the MMC Regional Head, maintain donor relations with 4Mi donors and expand the donor base for 4Mi.
- Expand 4Mi project geographically and contribute to the strategy and fundraising closely with the MMC Regional Head.
- Develop, in close collaboration with the MMC Regional Head, appropriate internal processes and SOPs to ensure the success of MMC operations.
Data collection, methodology and analysis of 4Mi data
- In coordination with the 4Mi Global Coordinator, lead on improving and implementing the 4Mi programme and methodology in the region (including, but not limited to, recruitment of enumerators in the field, developing and refining a training manual for enumerators, defining geographical position of enumerators, respondent selection and survey design) and ensure the methodology of 4Mi is regularly reviewed with respect to increasing its reliability and voracity.
- Oversee the work of the 4Mi Information Management Officers and ensure that 4Mi data is cleaned, validated and formatted for analysis.
- Ensure timely, regular updates of 4Mi data for the MMC website and 4Mi-related publications, in collaboration with the 4Mi Project Officers and Research Officer/s.
- Manage and organize data and be skilled at quantitative analysis and interpretation of data for use in infographics and research (for electronic and hard copy use)
- Contribute to 4Mi snapshots and 4Mi-related publications, in collaboration with the IMOs and Project Officers
- Keep abreast of new developments and ongoing debates on migration data and participate in brainstorming and strategy sessions on new areas of research.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Master’s degree in development economics, social statistics, migration or other relevant subject.
- A graduate with at least 5-7 years’ experience in an international context (with an NGO, an international organization or a research organization) managing quantitative data collection and/or research projects.
- Project cycle and budget management
- Experience in fundraising
- At least 3 years of experience in team management, ideally managing a minimum of 3 employees.
- Proven record in survey design and implementation in complex settings
- Advanced skills in quantitative analysis and well versed in a statistical package such as STATA, SPSS, or R
- Strong ability to independently make rapid assessments and sound judgments.
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with competing deadlines.
- Experience working as part of a regional team and in a multicultural environment.
- A highly motivated, organized self-starter who can work independently.
- Reporting and drafting skills (highly desirable)
- Strong and proven interest in issues of migration and/or forced displacement.
- Ability to travel (30%) of the time in this role (desirable)
- Strong speaking, analytical and writing skills in English.
- Demonstrated understanding of current mixed migration debates and dynamics in the region is an asset.
Contract: One year contract with possibility to extend subject to availability of funds and performance. Employment band F-management.
Availability: August 2023
Duty station: Nairobi, or in the region if relevant national applicant identified (Ethiopia, Sudan, Somalia, Djibouti)
Reporting Line: Regional Head, MMC Eastern and Southern Africa, Egypt and Yemen
Providing equal opportunities We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
Promoting high standards : DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process
How to Apply
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered.
DRC only accepts applications sent via our online-application form on 4Mi Project Manager (hr-manager.net)
Please submit your application and CV in English no later than 19 May 2023