DRC Grants Officer Jobs in Kenya
LATEST JOBS IN KENYA 2023
- World Food Programme (WFP) Vacancy Announcements
- International Rescue Committee Kenya Careers
- World Vision Kenya Jobs
- Canonical Kenya Job Opportunities
- CIC Insurance Careers
- Britam Career Opportunities
- Standard Chartered Bank Kenya Careers
- Danish Refugee Council Careers
- Diageo Careers
- 350+ Posts – Public Service Commission Jobs
- St Andrew’s School is Looking for a Graduate Assistant – Senior School
- PSC Jobs-Hiring Deputy County Commissioner (117 Positions)
- Vacancies at Public Service Commission Kenya (PSCK), Job Application Form Portal
- International School of Kenya Open Job Opportunities Closing September 15th 2023
- Young Women Christian Association Hiring in 3 Positions Before June 14th 2023
- I&M Bank is Looking to Fill 2 Open Positions, Submit Your Application
- UNODC Massive Hiring For Local Individual Contractors in Various Locations
- Public Service Commission, PSC Careers, 341 Vacancies, Online Application
- Generation Kenya Recruitment 2023 Application Portal-https://kenya.generation.org
- World Vision Kenya Recruitment Application Form Portal
- TSC Kenya Online Recruitment Portal 2023/2024 – https://tsconline.tsc.go.ke
- EAPCC Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Portal
- CAK Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Portal
- Summit Recruitment and Search 2023 Application Form Portal
- Northern Rangelands Trust Internships 2023 Application Form Portal
- Northern Rangelands Trust Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Kenya Red Cross Society Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Enumerators Recruitment 2023 Application (160 Positions) at Helen Keller International
- KEPHIS Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Crystal Recruit 2023 Jobs Application Form Portal
DRC Grants Officer Jobs in Kenya,
DRC Grants Officer Jobs in Kenya
Overall Purpose of the Role
The Grants Officer shall work within the Programmes Unit overseeing DRC grant management and compliance aspects for partners including the support to the Partnerships Coordinator on civil society sub grant awards.
The role will be responsible for information management and grant management for all projects. The position is also responsible for providing regular support to project cycle management by ensuring compliance with donor and internal DRC guidelines on contracts management as well as the financial compliance of civil society partners.
In this capacity, the role will be assisting in budget management of sub-grants (tracking grant spending, managing and monitoring grant funding received and disbursed to partners), review of partners’ financial reports and expenditures and provide technical guidance on financial capacity. The role shall externally coordinate partners and internally liaise with Finance and Programmes.
- Ensure awareness and compliance with donor policies and guidelines by implementing teams. This will require knowledge and understanding of DRC Kenya’s current and prospective donor guidelines and cascading this knowledge to implementing teams and support services through project kick-off meetings, regular project reviews, and ad hoc support.
- Coordinate project kick-off and close out meetings. Participate in periodic budget reviews for all ongoing projects.
- Manage information on the grants module within the DRC ERP ‘Dynamics’ and maintain all documentation related to grant management.
- Maintain and update the reporting schedule (Rolling Action Plan) for all Kenya country programme grants.
- Assist the support services department in preparing for document verification, financial audits, and donor due diligence assessments.
Program Management and Support:
- Support the coordination of civil society partners on financial reporting, documentation, disbursement management and general donor compliance;
- Review financial reports and supporting documents submitted by partner organizations and coordinate with relevant programme, finance teams on any financial management issues identified and monitor accompanying remedial actions;
- Support civil society partners in adjusting spending plans Monitor and maintain a consolidated tracker of disbursements to partners, reporting and cash forecasts
- Support the Partnership Coordinator on the development and record maintenance relating to Sub Grant Agreements, Partnership Memoranda, Terms of Reference, and associated documentation.
- Assist the Partnership Coordinator in developing guidance, standard templates, and toolkits to ensure timely submission of partner narrative and financial reports;
- Assist the Partnership Coordinator in cascading knowledge to area office staff on partnership administrative processes.
Experience and Technical Competencies:
- At least two-years’ experience working with projects and/or grants management.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Good communicator with strong organizational, time management and analytical skills.
- Excellent inter-personal, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Competence in coordinating with partner organizations; monitoring and reviewing financial reports
- The ability to analyse, summarize and present a high volume of information quickly and accurately with advanced structuring, writing, and editing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills: the ability to multi-task, learn quickly, and work independently and productively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong strategic thinking and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- High proficiency in MS office tools (with excellent Microsoft Excel skills).
- A university degree in BCOM/Business Studies, Development Studies, or Social Sciences
- Professional qualifications and experience in financial and contract management.
- Professional fluency in English.
DRC’s Core competencies:
All Drc Roles Require the Post-holder to Master the Below Drc’s Core Competencies:
- Striving for excellence: you focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: you take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: you Uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; DRC Grants Officer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs – Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya – banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
- Trending Jobs in Kenya 2023
- Latest Jobs in Kenya 2023
- Positive Words to Describe Yourself on Your CV
- Top Ten Words to Avoid Using on Your CV
- Positive Words to Describe Your Day-to-Day Work on Your CV
- Useful Phrases To Use When Applying For A Job
- MOD Interviewer and Interviewee Questions and Answers
- Interview Questions For Public Service Commission Positions
- Most Common Interview Question And Answers 2023