Drivers Needed at SOS Children’s Villages
LATEST JOBS IN KENYA 2023
- World Food Programme (WFP) Vacancy Announcements
- International Rescue Committee Kenya Careers
- World Vision Kenya Jobs
- Canonical Kenya Job Opportunities
- CIC Insurance Careers
- Britam Career Opportunities
- Standard Chartered Bank Kenya Careers
- Danish Refugee Council Careers
- Diageo Careers
- 350+ Posts – Public Service Commission Jobs
- St Andrew’s School is Looking for a Graduate Assistant – Senior School
- PSC Jobs-Hiring Deputy County Commissioner (117 Positions)
- Vacancies at Public Service Commission Kenya (PSCK), Job Application Form Portal
- International School of Kenya Open Job Opportunities Closing September 15th 2023
- Young Women Christian Association Hiring in 3 Positions Before June 14th 2023
- I&M Bank is Looking to Fill 2 Open Positions, Submit Your Application
- UNODC Massive Hiring For Local Individual Contractors in Various Locations
- Public Service Commission, PSC Careers, 341 Vacancies, Online Application
- Generation Kenya Recruitment 2023 Application Portal-https://kenya.generation.org
- World Vision Kenya Recruitment Application Form Portal
- TSC Kenya Online Recruitment Portal 2023/2024 – https://tsconline.tsc.go.ke
- EAPCC Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Portal
- CAK Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Portal
- Summit Recruitment and Search 2023 Application Form Portal
- Northern Rangelands Trust Internships 2023 Application Form Portal
- Northern Rangelands Trust Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Kenya Red Cross Society Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Enumerators Recruitment 2023 Application (160 Positions) at Helen Keller International
- KEPHIS Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Crystal Recruit 2023 Jobs Application Form Portal
Drivers Needed at SOS Children’s Villages
Jobs at SOS Children’s Villages
SOS Children’s Villages is an independent, non-governmental international development organization which has been working to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children since 1949.
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
Fulfils the Transport Needs of the location
- Carries out the driving requirements of the project as directed by the Program Administrator, who is responsible for coordinating vehicle use. This includes conveying the project staff to the various places they may need to visit in the course of their work, efficiently and safely.
- S/he also drives the organisation’s vehicles to all assigned places, delivering and picking up mail & other items as directed.
- Conducts trips using the shortest possible route. Avoids unnecessary deviations and multiple trips to minimise mileage and time wastage.
- Use of SOS Children’s Villages Kenya vehicles for personal trips is strictly prohibited.
- Records all trips in the vehicle mileage logbook.
Ensures the Safety of the Staff
- Drives safely at all times, to protect the safety of staff, visitors & sometimes children.
- Complies to all traffic regulations and stops only where it is safe to do so.
- Follows the correct procedure in the event of an accident. Notifies the Project Manager and appropriate authorities immediately, and renders assistance where necessary.
Maintains the Safety and Security of vehicles
- Performs complete visual safety checks of the vehicles before driving on a daily basis, completing daily pre and post trip checklists. Regularly checks lights, indicators, brakes, tyre pressure, oil, battery and radiator.
- Reports any defects to the Program Administrator and ensures that all necessary servicing is performed by reputable agencies.
- Ensures vehicles are kept in good working order. Possesses manual dexterity for using tools for general maintenance.
- Does simple general maintenance as required on the vehicle
- Report any needed repairs, and delivers the vehicle to the repair site
- Maintains the cleanliness of vehicles by regularly washing the interior and exterior.
- Reconciles fuel bills before sending to Accounts Department for payment processing
- Keeps records of maintenance work done on the vehicle.
- Provides a good role model for the SOS Children’s Villages.
- Carries out all duties in an exemplary manner.
- Ensures vehicles have sufficient fuel at all times and records mileage for each trip made.
Required Qualifications / Abilities
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education.
- At least 5 years working experience working with projects in Non – Governmental Organizations
- Thorough knowledge of traffic laws and traffic patterns is desired.
- A valid driving license free from any current endorsement (s) for classes of the vehicles the driver is required to drive.
- A Defensive Driving Certificate from the Automobile Association of Kenya (AA) or its equivalent
- A Valid certificate of Good Conduct
- A First Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one week from St Johns Ambulance or any
other recognized institution.
- Occupational Trade Test III Certificate
How to apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send a Cover Letter & updated CV in PDF with details of 3 traceable referees one of which must be immediate former employer to email@example.com addressed to the Human Resources and Administration Manager to reach us on or before 16th April 2023.
Please indicate location of interest
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Trending Jobs in Kenya 2023
- Latest Jobs in Kenya 2023
- Positive Words to Describe Yourself on Your CV
- Top Ten Words to Avoid Using on Your CV
- Positive Words to Describe Your Day-to-Day Work on Your CV
- Useful Phrases To Use When Applying For A Job
- MOD Interviewer and Interviewee Questions and Answers
- Interview Questions For Public Service Commission Positions
- Most Common Interview Question And Answers 2023