Employment in Kenya
Enumerators Job Openings at Mercy Corps: Qualifications and How to Apply
LATEST JOBS IN KENYA 2023
- World Food Programme (WFP) Vacancy Announcements
- International Rescue Committee Kenya Careers
- World Vision Kenya Jobs
- Canonical Kenya Job Opportunities
- CIC Insurance Careers
- Britam Career Opportunities
- Standard Chartered Bank Kenya Careers
- Danish Refugee Council Careers
- Diageo Careers
- 350+ Posts – Public Service Commission Jobs
- St Andrew’s School is Looking for a Graduate Assistant – Senior School
- PSC Jobs-Hiring Deputy County Commissioner (117 Positions)
- Vacancies at Public Service Commission Kenya (PSCK), Job Application Form Portal
- International School of Kenya Open Job Opportunities Closing September 15th 2023
- Young Women Christian Association Hiring in 3 Positions Before June 14th 2023
- I&M Bank is Looking to Fill 2 Open Positions, Submit Your Application
- UNODC Massive Hiring For Local Individual Contractors in Various Locations
- Public Service Commission, PSC Careers, 341 Vacancies, Online Application
- Generation Kenya Recruitment 2023 Application Portal-https://kenya.generation.org
- World Vision Kenya Recruitment Application Form Portal
- TSC Kenya Online Recruitment Portal 2023/2024 – https://tsconline.tsc.go.ke
- EAPCC Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Portal
- CAK Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Portal
- Summit Recruitment and Search 2023 Application Form Portal
- Northern Rangelands Trust Internships 2023 Application Form Portal
- Northern Rangelands Trust Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Kenya Red Cross Society Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Enumerators Recruitment 2023 Application (160 Positions) at Helen Keller International
- KEPHIS Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Crystal Recruit 2023 Jobs Application Form Portal
Since 1979, we have helped people grappling with the toughest hardships survive – and then thrive. That’s the heart of our approach: We help communities turn crisis into opportunity. Throughout our history, Mercy Corps has demonstrated innovation, timeliness and the ability to adapt quickly to changing realities.
Background of the Program
- Community Initiatives to Promote Peace (CIPP) is a five-year USAID-funded program with objectives of: (1) empowers communities to prevent and respond to violence and violent extremism by strengthening key skills and relationships, and (2) fosters an enabling environment for peace through policy advocacy, media outreach, and linkages to development programs.
- CIPP is planning series of data collection activities in Benue, Kogi, Plateau, Kaduna, Kano and Katsina states that will serve to measure the impact of the Project, and the relative degree of changes r that will be attributed to CIPP Project interventions during implementation.
Purpose of Study
- The surveys will measure the impact of the project, and the relative degree of changes related to project that will be attributed to CIPP Project interventions during implementation.
- The findings from these studies will be compared with the baselines to assess project progress and effectiveness. Inform any necessary changes to the implementation of program activities. The surveys will target CIPP Participants
- The studies will use structured questionnaires and randomization method.
- The surveys will be conducted in Benue, Kogi, Plateau, Kaduna, Kano and Katsina in CIPP selected LGAs. Determined sample size will collected with 95% confident level and 5% error margin. Mercy corps will develop the survey tools and carryout the analysis.
- The Surveys will be conducted orally, with the surveyor translating to the respondent’s language. All data will be collected on tablets and uploaded onto a secure server daily.
- The M & E team will conduct data quality checks, daily at the beginning of the data collection, bi-weekly towards the end to ensure the highest quality of data.
Scope of Work / Responsibilities
The field enumerators will:
- Get familiar with data collection tools and study protocol.
- Attend assessment orientation and data collection training.
- Conduct data collection in selected CIPP sites in Benue, Kogi, Plateau, Kaduna, Kano and Katsina.
- Orient and guide the MC project team on likely sensitivities that could affect the usage of the survey’s tools within the target communities.
- Work collaboratively with CIPP project and MC M&E team to ensure successful implementation of the studies.
- Review filled data collection tools to ensure completion and quality of data.
- Provide guidance and clarifications at data analysis stage regarding collected data as needed.
- Play a key role in the mobilization of community respondents for the surveys.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- Qualifications in the fields of the Social Sciences, Economics, Development Studies or Statistics.
- Must be resident in Kaduna.
- A soundtrack record in developing and conducting research.
- Proven skills in the use of mobile device for data collection
- Experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative research in Nigeria
- Experience working in the selected communities and a good understanding of the local dialects is preferred.
- Experience in data collection and analysis using participatory methodology.
- Possess a degree of flexibility to work and availability to respond to comments and questions in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Strong command of English language and local languages especially ability to write high quality, clear and concise reports.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as one Document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.