Exciting Career Opportunity at Kenya Electricity Generating Company PLC (KenGen)
LATEST JOBS IN KENYA 2023
- Career Opportunities at SunCulture Kenya (3 Positions)
- World YWCA Leadership Cohort 2023 Open For Application
- Career Opportunities at Aga Khan University Hospital
- UNFPA Kenya is Looking For Communications Interns
- International Labor Organization (ILO) Open 3 Positions
- Job Opportunities at Ministry of Tourism and Wildlife (20 Positions)
- Career Openings at Moi University (2 Positions)
- Career at JM Associates (Audit Semi-Senior, Audit Senior)
- Summit Recruitment and Search 4 Open Positions
- NCBA Group Hiring in 3 Positions; Apply Today
- Crystal Recruit Hiring in 4 Positions; Apply Today
- Careers at West Indian Ocean Cable Company (WIOCC)
- Civil Engineering Internship- 2 Posts at Megawatt Power & Telecommunications Company Ltd
- CIC Insurance Open Career Opportunities
- Food and Agriculture Organization Hiring Project Assistant
- British High Commission Nairobi Hiring Social Secretary
- Client Services Intern at Jubilee Insurance
- Accountancy as a Career; Roles, Skills, Pros and Cons Explained
- Part Time Jobs for Students: Local Jobs, Campus Jobs – Kenya
- Tips On how to Find Best Part Time Jobs in Kenya as a Student
- List Of Best Part Time Jobs In Kenya
- List Of 10 Best Jobs You Can Get in Kenya Without a Degree
- List Of Best Recruitment Agencies For Jobs Abroad In Kenya
- Internship Opportunities at Elysian Resort Runda
- Vacancies Open at Kenya Airways
- Career Jobs at Cytonn Investments
- Data Entry Work From Home Jobs: How to Submit Application
- Careers Openings at Kwale County Government; How to Apply
- Looking for an Opportunity in Humanitarian Affairs? Apply for 54 Humanitarian Jobs
- Apply for McCall MacBain Scholarships at McGill 2024 Cohort
Exciting Career Opportunity at Kenya Electricity Generating Company PLC (KenGen),
Exciting Career Opportunity
MANAGING DIRECTOR AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Kenya Electricity Generating Company PLC (KenGen) is the leading power generating Company in East Africa with a vision to be the market leader in provision of reliable, safe, quality and competitively priced electric energy in the Eastern Africa region. Through it geothermal-led strategy, the company has also grown over the years and has now diversified its geothermal drilling services beyond the Kenyan borders. In order to drive the KenGen’s development and guide it towards long-term success, this is to invite applications from suitable individuals to fill the position of Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer.
A. JOB PURPOSE
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the job holder will be responsible for providing strategic and visionary leadership and full operational responsibility in the development, implementation and evaluation of strategic business plans approved by the Board in order to achieve the Company’s mandate.
B. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the above, the job holder will be responsible for the following:
i. Developing business strategies and plans and ensuring their alignment with short-term and long term objectives.
ii. Advising the Board on policy, strategic, technical, financial and administrative matters, in line with the Company’s mandate and ensuring they are implemented.
iii. Ensuring execution and communication of the Board strategies, decisions and policies.
iv. Overseeing all operations and business activities to ensure consistency with the overall strategy and mission.
v. Guiding in the development of relevant national policies and legislation in regard to the Energy Sector.
vi. Developing business strategies and plans and ensuring their alignment with short-term and long term objectives.
vii. Ensuring there is effective communication between the staff, management, the Board, Energy Sector and other stakeholders.
viii. Ensuring achievement of the company’s financial and operating goals and objectives.
ix. Ensuring compliance to all constitutional provisions, Acts of Parliament, statutory provisions, local and applicable international regulations.
x. Monitoring and controlling the company’s performance and finances in accordance with the budgets approved by the Board of Directors.
xi. Championing innovation in product development and delivery and ensuring improvement in quality and value.
xii. Authorizing all legal documents.
xiii. Providing leadership in the development of the Company’s programs and ensuring quality through the development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, regular evaluation and performance management system.
xiv. Maintaining conducive work environment to attract, retain and motivate employees while fostering a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and good corporate citizenship.
xv. Directing the execution of risk management policy and framework that ensures the company has adequate systems and processes of accountability, risk management, internal controls and business continuity.
xvi. Forging strategic linkages within the business environment with Regulators, Government Ministries, Departments, Agencies, Development Partners and other stakeholders nationally and internationally.
xvii. Promoting a positive corporate image and being the company’s principal spokesperson.
xviii. Responsible for the day-to-day management and operations.
C. JOB SPECIFICATION
i. Bachelors degree in a relevant field from a university recognized in Kenya.
ii. Masters degree in a relevant field from a recognised institution will be an added advantage.
iii. Membership to a professional body in good standing.
iv. Meets the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
v. Leadership/Strategic Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognised institution.
vi. At least fifteen (15) years proven experience in a large organization, five (5) years at Executive Management level.
D. KEY COMPETENCIES
i. Analytical skills
ii. Communication skills
iii. Strategic and innovative thinking
iv. Interpersonal skills
v. Ability to mobilize resources
vi. Negotiation skills
vii. Problem solving skills
viii. Decision making skills
E. MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
Applicants MUST provide the following documents on application:
i. Duly signed application letter.
ii. A detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating current and previous employers, positions held, level of education and names of at least three professional referees.
iii. Certified copies of academic and professional certificates.
iv. Certified copy of National Identification Card or Passport.
Successful candidate will be expected to present the following clearance certificates:
i. Valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
ii. Valid Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
iii. Valid Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
iv. Current Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
v. Current Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
F. TERMS OF SERVICE AND REMUNERATION
i. Appointment to the position is on a contract term of three (3) years, renewable once, subject to performance and retirement age.
ii. The successful candidate will be offered a competitive remuneration package in accordance with the Company Policy.
a) Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
b) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
c) Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce original National Identity Card and academic and professional certificates during the interview.
d) It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
e) KenGen is an equal opportunity employer, therefore, people with disabilities, the marginalized and the minorities are encouraged to apply.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application with a detailed CV and testimonials on or before 15th May, 2023 by 5.00 pm to the Office of the Board Chairman on 10th floor, KenGen Pension Plaza II, P.O. Box 47936 – 00100 Nairobi or to email address, email@example.com clearly Titled and Referenced, “APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF MANAGING DIRECTOR & CEO, REF: “KENGEN/MD&CEO/01/04/2023”