Finance Intern at CARE Kenya
LATEST JOBS IN KENYA 2023
- Careers at Homa-Bay County Public Service Board
- Hot Openings at National Police Service Commission
- Internship Opportunities at RTI International
- Career Opportunities at International Rescue Committee
- Applications and Clinical Demand Specialist at Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Career Opportunities at Co-operative Bank of Kenya
- Latest Recruitment at The Coca-Cola Company
- Job Opportunities at Royal Media Group
- Job Opportunities at University of Nairobi
- Job Openings at Azenia
- Job Openings at DanChurchAid (DCA)
- Regional Finance Officer (2 Positions) at Kenya Red Cross Society
- Job Opportunities at Standard Bank Group
- Career Opportunities at SGS
- Career Opportunities at Aga Khan University Hospital
- Job Opportunities at International Rescue Committee (9 Positions)
- Vacant Openings at World Bank Group
- Vacancies at Jubilee Insurance (7 Positions)
- Latest Recruitment at UNICEF
- Inua Elimu Governor’s Grant at Migori County
- Administration Assistant at Danish Refugee Council
- Vacancies at Council of Governors
- Job Opportunities at Standard Bank Group
- Vacancies at SOS Children’s Villages (2 Positions)
- Jobs at CURE International (Patient Attendant, Housekeeper)
- Call Centre Agents at HCS Africa
- Job Opportunities at Norwegian Refugee Council
- Career Opportunities at International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI)
- Career Opportunities at Kyosk Digital Services
- Career Opportunities at Equity Bank Kenya
Finance Intern at CARE Kenya,
- Posted 1 day ago
- Job level: Internship
- Exp.: None Required
- Min. Education level: Bachelor’s Degree
- Specialism: Accounting, Commerce or Finance / Auditing
Supervisor Finance Manager
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in 100 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from disaster response to food and nutrition to education and work for women and girls to healthy mothers and children. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because when they have equal access to resources, they lift their families and communities out of poverty. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for 75 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs : poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it and our core values: TRANSFORMATION, INTEGRITY, DIVERSITY, EQUALITY, and EXCELLENCE then you are welcome to join us.
The CARE Kenya’s Internship Program offers recent graduates an opportunity to gain hands-on experience with CARE. Interns at CARE Kenya get experiential learning opportunities in the humanitarian sector and a meaningful internship experience that will support their academic, professional and personal development
We are seeking a motivated and detail-oriented Finance Intern to join our team. Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, the Finance Intern will contribute to essential financial processes and gain valuable experience in a multicultural environment.
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of accounting principles, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills.
ROLES AND RESPOSIBILITIES
a) Support the accounts payable process-40%
• Prepare the department’s payment and advance requests
• Help in review request for payment to ensure data is reconciled with financial management system
• Ensure accuracy of accounting entries and adequacy of supporting documents
• Maintain all payment vouchers, accounting logbooks and supporting documents
• Vendor statement reconciliation in liaison with admin and procurement teams
• Retrieve audit documents from PeopleSoft during audits
• Learn and assist to generate the payroll by-products (deductions) reports.
• Assist in submission of statutory deductions (NHIF, NSSF, PAYE, HELB etc.)
• Participate in the audit process-retrieving documents for audit requests and re-archiving of documents after the audit.
b) Grant Management -40%
• Learn to and prepare monthly project reports (Budget Verses Actuals-BVAs)
• Prepare and update a list of project end dates and donor reporting dates.
• Learn donor reporting and support timely preparation of donor financial reports and all expenses incurred by partners and ensure they are dully accounted for before submission of reports to donors.
• Assist in reviewing sub-grant files.
• Ensure effective implementation of all CARE financial and operational and administrative policies and procedures while undertaking the finance roles
c) Other -20%
• Review and improve the general finance filling system-both physical and online filling
• Any other duties that may be assigned by the team
• Any other duty as required by the line manager commensurate with the post.
• Attending program coordination meetings as shall be advised and as shall be relevant and upon consultation with line manager.
• Respond to regular queries on finance matters
Education and Experience
• Completed Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or a related field and graduated in the last 12 months
• Certificate of Professional or vocational training in the fields of Accounting, Financial Management or auditing (Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Chartered Accountant or equivalent) is required.
• Knowledge of finance, accounting and budget main principles
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multi-cultural professional environment
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Work experience is not a requirement
This role is expected to establish and maintain open, professional, and cordial relations with COs’ internal and external customers. These include and not limited to.
▪ Program teams, Other Program support teams, Shared Service Unit
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting gender, equity, and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.