Head of Operations Job Vacancy at Mhasibu Sacco Society
LATEST JOBS IN KENYA 2023
- World Food Programme (WFP) Vacancy Announcements
- International Rescue Committee Kenya Careers
- World Vision Kenya Jobs
- Canonical Kenya Job Opportunities
- CIC Insurance Careers
- Britam Career Opportunities
- Standard Chartered Bank Kenya Careers
- Danish Refugee Council Careers
- Diageo Careers
- 350+ Posts – Public Service Commission Jobs
- St Andrew’s School is Looking for a Graduate Assistant – Senior School
- PSC Jobs-Hiring Deputy County Commissioner (117 Positions)
- Vacancies at Public Service Commission Kenya (PSCK), Job Application Form Portal
- International School of Kenya Open Job Opportunities Closing September 15th 2023
- Young Women Christian Association Hiring in 3 Positions Before June 14th 2023
- I&M Bank is Looking to Fill 2 Open Positions, Submit Your Application
- UNODC Massive Hiring For Local Individual Contractors in Various Locations
- Public Service Commission, PSC Careers, 341 Vacancies, Online Application
- Generation Kenya Recruitment 2023 Application Portal-https://kenya.generation.org
- World Vision Kenya Recruitment Application Form Portal
- TSC Kenya Online Recruitment Portal 2023/2024 – https://tsconline.tsc.go.ke
- EAPCC Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Portal
- CAK Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Portal
- Summit Recruitment and Search 2023 Application Form Portal
- Northern Rangelands Trust Internships 2023 Application Form Portal
- Northern Rangelands Trust Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Kenya Red Cross Society Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Enumerators Recruitment 2023 Application (160 Positions) at Helen Keller International
- KEPHIS Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Crystal Recruit 2023 Jobs Application Form Portal
Head of Operations Job Vacancy at Mhasibu Sacco Society,
Head of Operations Job Vacancy at Mhasibu Sacco Society
CAREER OPPORTUNITY- HEAD OF OPERATIONS
We are a dynamic, well-established Savings and Credit Co-operative Society in the country for all professionals with membership spread globally. We are seeking to recruit a highly qualified result-oriented individual for the position of Head of Operations.
1.JOB TITLE & REPORTING
TITLE: HEAD OF OPERATIONS
REPORTING: TO THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Deputize the CEO and oversee the Operations for (Marketing & Business Development, Customer Care, Loan Processing, FOSA Operations, Human Resource & Administration Departments) manage the processes and effective implementation of Operation policies and controls systems.
Leadership and policy management:
a) Deputize the Chief Executive Officer during periods of absence, and in relation to specific matters, issues of Society operations as delegated from time to time.
b) Overall, in charge of the Marketing, Loan Processing, Human Resource & Administration Departments.
c) Development and implementation of strategies for the SACCO.
d) Advising management, CEO and Board of Directors on the Sacco’s credit, membership, customer experience, and people management policies.
e) Effective and efficient implementation of Sacco policies, procedures, and guidelines.
f) Provide technical advice and support to management on all matters relating to credit and operations.
g) Putting in place an effective marketing strategy for Society’s products and services.
Financial planning, credit management, budgeting, and reporting:
h) Preparation and presentation of accurate and timely monthly reports and records including loan performance, departmental budgets, membership information and marketing initiatives/outcomes, procurement, and staff and office matters.
i) Periodic review and reporting on emerging operations issues/limitations.
j) Preparing annual marketing plan, departmental budget and ensuring their effective implementation.
Business development and member (customer) management:
k) Ensure corporate image and brand visibility by coordinating implementation of media and public relations plan to create awareness.
l) Lead in product development and service delivery and enhancement.
m) Spearheading the Society’s marketing activities and leading the operations team in achieving its objectives.
n) Identify and prioritize attractive market opportunities by identifying and analyzing market segments, market size, industry trends, market needs, competition, product usage and profit potential.
o) Marketing and selling society’s products and services.
p) Enhance customer experience through effective customer relationship management.
q) Customer experience through excellent and effective service delivery
Human resources, administration, and people management:
r) Co-ordinate human resource planning, recruitment, continuous development, management, and discipline.
s) Ensure staff retention and motivation through training and continuous development.
t) Carry out performance appraisal/management and training needs assessment on annual basis.
u) Ensure proper records management and safe custody.
v) Ensure achievement of set performance targets and conducting performance appraisal in the department.
w) Procurement/supplies management.
Risk management and compliance:
x) Ensure strict compliance with policy, legal, regulatory, and institutional requirements.
y) Ensure effective management of credit and operational risks.
z) Periodic review and reporting on emerging credit/operations issues/limitations.
4.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum level of academic qualification, knowledge required to perform effectively in the role:
a) A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Business/Credit Administration, Co-operative Management or related field,
b) Knowledge of relevant ERP will be an added advantage.
c) Successful candidates will be required to meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the constitution of Kenya by obtaining the necessary documentation.
Minimum level of professional qualification required to perform effectively in the role:
a) A professional qualification in accounting/relevant body ie CPA-K /ACCA/ACA/CFA/CCP
b) A member in good standing with ICPAK or relevant professional body.
Minimum months or years of experience required to have to be appointed to the position:
A minimum of 8 years working experience, 5 years of which must be in a management position in the financial services sector.
Desired Technical & Behavioral Skills:
a) Good knowledge of the market and the Society’s products and services.
b) Strong analytical skills.
c) Self-confidence and motivated.
d) Excellent communication and presentation with strong written and oral skills.
e) Good people, interpersonal and networking skills.
f) Knowledgeable with working experience of the relevant ERP software.
g) Leadership, performance and people Management
h) Explores places/situation to maximize innovation for the Society.
i) Consistently treating all people with dignity, fairness, respect and inspires the team.
j) Articulate a vision for operational excellence and innovation
Key Performance Indicators
a) Institutional policies and procedures in place.
b) Effective Credit Management policies and implementation
c) Customer service and retention ratios
d) Growth as per target-Membership, Loans, Deposits
e) Efficiency and effectiveness in Sacco Operations-Credit, Membership,
f) Operationalise FOSA business as per strategic plan
g) Effective Human Resource information system.
h) Efficiency of Procurement services.
i) Preparation of Board papers.
j) Institutional compliance for all laws and regulations
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates preferably with experience in the financial services sector are encouraged to apply online by filling in the data form and accessing detailed job descriptions from the link below.
Applicants should after filling the form send their detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, and relevant testimonials to the email email@example.com. The deadline for submission of all applications is on or before 30th April 2023 by 5.00 pm.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Mhasibu Sacco is an equal opportunity employer.