HR Intern at United Nations Office of Projects (UNOPS)
LATEST JOBS IN KENYA 2023
- Careers at Homa-Bay County Public Service Board
- Hot Openings at National Police Service Commission
- Internship Opportunities at RTI International
- Career Opportunities at International Rescue Committee
- Applications and Clinical Demand Specialist at Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Career Opportunities at Co-operative Bank of Kenya
- Latest Recruitment at The Coca-Cola Company
- Job Opportunities at Royal Media Group
- Job Opportunities at University of Nairobi
- Job Openings at Azenia
- Job Openings at DanChurchAid (DCA)
- Regional Finance Officer (2 Positions) at Kenya Red Cross Society
- Job Opportunities at Standard Bank Group
- Career Opportunities at SGS
- Career Opportunities at Aga Khan University Hospital
- Job Opportunities at International Rescue Committee (9 Positions)
- Vacant Openings at World Bank Group
- Vacancies at Jubilee Insurance (7 Positions)
- Latest Recruitment at UNICEF
- Inua Elimu Governor’s Grant at Migori County
- Administration Assistant at Danish Refugee Council
- Vacancies at Council of Governors
- Job Opportunities at Standard Bank Group
- Vacancies at SOS Children’s Villages (2 Positions)
- Jobs at CURE International (Patient Attendant, Housekeeper)
- Call Centre Agents at HCS Africa
- Job Opportunities at Norwegian Refugee Council
- Career Opportunities at International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI)
- Career Opportunities at Kyosk Digital Services
- Career Opportunities at Equity Bank Kenya
HR Intern at United Nations Office of Projects (UNOPS),
Application period 14-Apr-2023 to 04-May-2023
The People & Culture Group (PCG) enables UNOPS to deliver on its strategic intent by empowering people, driving organizational excellence and managing change across the organization.
We are bringing together experienced professionals with strategic HR management, organizational design, and change management expertise – all of us are passionate about achieving results and building innovation into our way of doing business.
We are looking for one intern to join our dynamic and diverse team. The role will provide internal support to various global projects currently being undertaken by PCG and will be reporting to the functional Specialists.
The role will offer insight into working in a United Nations organization and experience in a dynamic, international environment.
Functional Responsibilities : HR Intern at United Nations Office of Projects (UNOPS)
The intern will be supporting some of the different functions in PCG as per the below high-level overview, depending on need, qualifications, and interest:
Talent Management: HR Intern at United Nations Office of Projects (UNOPS)
- Support various Talent Management Initiatives: e.g. Junior Talent Programme, Support with Reassignment/Rehire of Project Managers project through administrative and communication support, talent benches and rosters, etc..
Learning and Development:
- Processing documents for the corporate learning budget
- Support with the translation implementation of courses in the Learning Management System (Learning Zone)
- Support webinars for leadership programs
- Support work on a gap analysis of Benefits and Entitlements policies
- Support administration of policies (AIs – Administrative Instructions) to be inserted in UNOPS knowledge management system (PQMS)
- Support relevant outreach activities, such as posting vacancies announcements on job boards, inserting vacancies announcements in the weekly newsletter,
- Support the coordination of the talent outreach network.
We expect the intern to be available now, engaged, enthusiastic, and committed, and to bring some new perspectives to our work.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.|
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- Applicants must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree or be pursuing an advanced university degree, such as a Masters or a Ph.D., or be a recent graduate from such studies (within the last 3 years)
- To be eligible for this particular internship with UNOPS, the candidate must preferably be studying towards a university degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Social Sciences, Engineering, Physical/Natural Sciences, Data Science, Information and Communication Technology.
- Strong computer literacy: G Suite standard programs essential, in particular, proficiency with Google Sheets and Google Slides are required.
- Fluency in both written and oral English is required;
- Knowledge of a second UN language (in particular French and/or Spanish) is an asset.
- While no professional experience is required for an internship, experience in the field of Change Management, Human Resources, Policy, Learning & Development, Talent Outreach, Business Process Management, Business Analytics, or similar fields is considered an asset;
- Experience in advocacy or communications is considered an asset.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Internship
Contract level: N/A
Contract duration: 6 months
This internship is not designed to lead to a staff position with UNOPS. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of the internship.
Interns may be eligible for a monthly stipend of USD $1,300 from UNOPS provided that they do not receive funds from other institutions. Further, UNOPS may provide a one time travel lumpsum of USD $500. However, they must make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and necessary visa arrangements.
For more details about UNOPS internships please follow this link:
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process, which involves various assessments.
- UNOPS embraces diversity and is committed to equal employment opportunity. Our workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages, races, gender identities, sexual orientations, and abilities. UNOPS seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce.
- Qualified women and candidates from groups which are underrepresented in the UNOPS workforce are encouraged to apply. These include in particular candidates from racialized and/or indigenous groups, members of minority gender identities and sexual orientations, and people with disabilities.
- We would like to ensure all candidates perform at their best during the assessment process. If you are shortlisted and require additional assistance to complete any assessment, including reasonable accommodation, please inform our human resources team when you receive an invitation.
Terms and Conditions:
- All UNOPS personnel are responsible for performing their duties in accordance with the UN Charter and UNOPS Policies and Instructions, as well as other relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, all personnel must demonstrate an understanding of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in a manner consistent with UN core values and the UN Common Agenda.
- It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential personnel. Recruitment in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.