Job Openings at Safaricom Kenya
LATEST JOBS IN KENYA 2023
- Career Opportunities at SunCulture Kenya (3 Positions)
- World YWCA Leadership Cohort 2023 Open For Application
- Career Opportunities at Aga Khan University Hospital
- UNFPA Kenya is Looking For Communications Interns
- International Labor Organization (ILO) Open 3 Positions
- Job Opportunities at Ministry of Tourism and Wildlife (20 Positions)
- Career Openings at Moi University (2 Positions)
- Career at JM Associates (Audit Semi-Senior, Audit Senior)
- Summit Recruitment and Search 4 Open Positions
- NCBA Group Hiring in 3 Positions; Apply Today
- Crystal Recruit Hiring in 4 Positions; Apply Today
- Careers at West Indian Ocean Cable Company (WIOCC)
- Civil Engineering Internship- 2 Posts at Megawatt Power & Telecommunications Company Ltd
- CIC Insurance Open Career Opportunities
- Food and Agriculture Organization Hiring Project Assistant
- British High Commission Nairobi Hiring Social Secretary
- Client Services Intern at Jubilee Insurance
- Accountancy as a Career; Roles, Skills, Pros and Cons Explained
- Part Time Jobs for Students: Local Jobs, Campus Jobs – Kenya
- Tips On how to Find Best Part Time Jobs in Kenya as a Student
- List Of Best Part Time Jobs In Kenya
- List Of 10 Best Jobs You Can Get in Kenya Without a Degree
- List Of Best Recruitment Agencies For Jobs Abroad In Kenya
- Internship Opportunities at Elysian Resort Runda
- Vacancies Open at Kenya Airways
- Career Jobs at Cytonn Investments
- Data Entry Work From Home Jobs: How to Submit Application
- Careers Openings at Kwale County Government; How to Apply
- Looking for an Opportunity in Humanitarian Affairs? Apply for 54 Humanitarian Jobs
- Apply for McCall MacBain Scholarships at McGill 2024 Cohort
Job Openings at Safaricom Kenya
Job Openings at Safaricom Kenya
Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication, Jobs at Safaricom Kenya
Safaricom is the leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. In addition to providing a broad range of first-class products and services for Telephony, Broadband Internet and Financial services, Safaricom seeks to uplift the welfare of Kenyans through value-added services and support for community projects.
Senior Officer, Cyber Security Assurance
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Cyber Security Strategy & Design, the successful candidate will lend support in ensuring all new and existing systems/products/services comply with Safaricom’s security policies & standards, Vodafone CSB standards, Kenya Data Protection Act and other industry best practices e.g. ISO27001, CIS, etc… The candidate will also provide timely security assurance reports and advice to the business when required even with very tight timelines.
- Conduct periodic security reviews, vulnerability assessments & penetration tests across all of Safaricom’s systems/infrastructure
- Ensure all new and existing systems/products/services comply with Company’s security policies & standards, Vodafone CSB standards, Kenya Data Protection Act and other industry best practices e.g. ISO27001, CIS
- Provide timely and quality security assurance reports and advice to the business when required even with very tight deadlines
- Do regular follow ups with system custodians/owners to ensure any security risks identified are addressed within the agreed timelines
- Define Cyber Security metrics and report periodically on security compliance across all networks/systems
- Research on new threats/technologies/vulnerabilities/security design principles etc.
Must have technical / professional qualifications
- Degree in Information Security/Computer Forensics/Computer Science/Information Technology or other relevant Technical Degree
- Information security certifications e.g. CEH/CISSP/CISM/CISA/GIAC/CPTP/OSCP
- Advanced Networking certifications: CCNA/CCNP/CCSP/CCIE are also preferred
- Certifications in Microsoft Windows and Linux/Unix Operating Systems
- Demonstrate competency in the use and administration of ethical hacking tools e.g. KALI Linux, Metasploit, Nexpose, Nessus, Nmap, BurpSuite etc…
- Minimum of 1 years’ working experience in Information Systems Security – e.g. Ethical Hacking, Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessments, ICT Audits, Pre-and-Post Implementation System Reviews etc…
- Minimum of 1 years’ working experience in Networking and Operating Systems e.g. Cisco, Huawei, Windows (All), Unix, Linux etc…
- Working knowledge of databases e.g. Oracle, MSSQL, MongoDB, Postgress etc.. will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of Virtualization & Microservices technologies e.g. VMware, Open shift, Kubernetes, Docker etc… will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of Cloud technologies e.g. AWS and Azure will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge and experience in DevSecOps technologies and practices i.e. AGILE, Jenkins, Jira, Github, Gitlab etc… will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of Mobile and GSM technologies e.g. Android, IOS, 2G, 3G, LTE, USSD etc… will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills and a good team player
- Excellent time management skills i.e. getting things done in a timely manner
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Very analytical and keen on details
- Customer obsessed
Last Date to Apply: Apr 26, 2023
VAS Support Engineer
Reporting to VAS Support Lead the position holder shall offer support, develop and integrate VAS Systems, Products and Services offered to Safaricom customers with the goal of delivering high quality and high service availability thresholds (99.999%). The Engineer shall ensure VAS systems operate within allowed thresholds in terms of systems availability, capacity and security conformance. VAS Systems comprise of all Value Added Services which include, but not limited to, SMSC, USSD, Content delivery platform, Voice (RBT, IVR & Media exchange), Video, Device management, Web Portal solutions and Machine Learning Platforms.
- VAS Systems and Services’ diagnosis and resolution of issues to ensure MTTR and other service availability KPIs are met.
- Device and implement Proactive ways and tools for monitoring VAS Services using Artificial Intelligence operations model(AIOPs) and Machine Learning.
- Development, configuration and integration of all VAS solutions/systems in line with the Digital IT strategy execution plan.
- Technical reviews to implements solutions and work arounds for faults/incidents.
- Properly escalate and document unresolved service or system issues to appropriate internal or external teams and follow up to ensure they are satisfactorily closed within SLA.
- Embrace the new ways of working in VAS domain with the goal of ensuring 50% of VAS projects are delivered through agile methodology.
- Timely delivery of projects assigned with the goal of ensuring high quality standards are met and solutions are operationally viable. Responsible for ensuring First Time Right delivery of all solutions developed.
- Enhance processes and DevOps to improve delivery and increase efficiency by focusing on continuous improvement.
- Develop and continuously update a knowledge base of best practice for VAS products and Service development.
- Collaborate with both Technical and Business teams to ensure seamless deployment of products.
- Proactively manage capacity and ensure VAS systems operate below 70% utilization
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to stakeholders on assigned tasks
- Proper documentation of VAS Systems and Services to enhance Visibility, End to End Monitoring and Empowerment of First and Second Line Teams.
- BSc. Degree in Telecommunication Engineering/Electrical & Electronics engineering/Computer Science/IT.
- 2 years’ experience in a busy telecommunication/ IT environment or Software Engineering with good knowledge in development for VAS solutions including Messaging, Voice, Video & IOT.
- Software Engineering methodologies including Agile-oriented development.
- Proficiency in networking protocols – TCP/IP, DNS and load balancing.
- Working knowledge in Unix systems and Databases – Oracle, MySQL.
- Working knowledge of security encryption solutions – SSL, firewalls, VPN, IPsec
- Strong experience in programming/scripting language(s) – Python, Perl , Shell or equivalent.
- 3rd Party RESTful API integration, PHP, MySQL, SQL server, web service working knowledge preferred
Last Date to Apply: Apr 27, 2023
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.