KALRO Internship Salary, Vacancies and Application Process
LATEST JOBS IN KENYA 2023
- World Food Programme (WFP) Vacancy Announcements
- International Rescue Committee Kenya Careers
- World Vision Kenya Jobs
- Canonical Kenya Job Opportunities
- CIC Insurance Careers
- Britam Career Opportunities
- Standard Chartered Bank Kenya Careers
- Danish Refugee Council Careers
- Diageo Careers
- 350+ Posts – Public Service Commission Jobs
- St Andrew’s School is Looking for a Graduate Assistant – Senior School
- PSC Jobs-Hiring Deputy County Commissioner (117 Positions)
- Vacancies at Public Service Commission Kenya (PSCK), Job Application Form Portal
- International School of Kenya Open Job Opportunities Closing September 15th 2023
- Young Women Christian Association Hiring in 3 Positions Before June 14th 2023
- I&M Bank is Looking to Fill 2 Open Positions, Submit Your Application
- UNODC Massive Hiring For Local Individual Contractors in Various Locations
- Public Service Commission, PSC Careers, 341 Vacancies, Online Application
- Generation Kenya Recruitment 2023 Application Portal-https://kenya.generation.org
- World Vision Kenya Recruitment Application Form Portal
- TSC Kenya Online Recruitment Portal 2023/2024 – https://tsconline.tsc.go.ke
- EAPCC Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Portal
- CAK Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Portal
- Summit Recruitment and Search 2023 Application Form Portal
- Northern Rangelands Trust Internships 2023 Application Form Portal
- Northern Rangelands Trust Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Kenya Red Cross Society Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Enumerators Recruitment 2023 Application (160 Positions) at Helen Keller International
- KEPHIS Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Crystal Recruit 2023 Jobs Application Form Portal
KALRO Internship Salary, Vacancies and Application Process
KALRO (Kenya Agricultural and Livestock Research Organization) is a Kenyan Government institution tasked with streamlining agriculture and livestock through research.
Like many Government institutions in the country, KALRO is an employment and internship opportunities provider.
Many students looking to secure internship opportunities at KALRO do not know the process to follow.
Others aren’t aware that the internship slots are only available at specific times of the year.
This guide will provide all the information regarding KALRO internships, salary, vacancies, and the application process.
Available Internship Opportunities at KALRO
KALRO provides internships to students who have completed courses related to agriculture.
The organization often include downloadable application form link on its official website whenever they have internship opportunities.
So, consider visiting their official website or social media pages frequently so that you can be among the first to apply for internship positions when they make application form available.
In the meantime, students studying diploma and degree courses listed below, among others, can find internships at KALRO:
- Food Science and Technology
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Science
- Information and Communication Technology
- Meteorology Irrigation and Drainage
- Agribusiness Management and Marketing
- Supply Chain
- Dairy Technology
- Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Animal Health and Production
KALRO Internship Salary
Interns deserve compensation during the internship because they must cover transport, food, and accommodation costs. They also help with the workload in workplaces.
Unfortunately, we have heard some cases where some companies do not pay their interns, and if they do, it is not enough to cover one expense.
However, government institutions like KALRO do not exploit interns and reward them with a monthly stipend ranging between Ksh. 20,000- Ksh.35,000.
The internship program at KALRO runs for six months for students who have graduated with Diploma or Degree courses.
KALRO Internship Requirements
To apply for a KALRO internship, you should meet the following qualifications:
- Must be Kenyan
- Have a Degree or Diploma from a recognized University
- Must not be older than 29 years
- Availability for the six months-long internship
- Letter of recommendation or reference from the student’s University
- Be ready to produce copies of certificates or transcripts from the University
Besides the above qualifications, the organization also has an eye for applicants with the following competencies:
- Fluency in Kiswahili and English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal qualities
- Should showcase computer literacy
- Goal-driven, team player, and high level of integrity
- Admirable analytical and managerial skills
After applications, KALRO only contacts short-listed candidates.
Remember that Kenya produces thousands of graduates yearly, and a few can only occupy the internship slots.
That should remind you that you are among many applying for an internship at KALRO.
KALRO Internship Application Process
KARLO has a procedure that internship applicants should follow for consideration.
The application forms are made available online.
Applications are strictly online unless stated otherwise.
Paper applications are addressed to:
Kenya Agricultural and Livestock Research Organization,
Kaptagat Road, Loresho,
P.O. Box 57811-00200.
Tips to Ensure You are Successful
You can do several things to increase your chances of securing an internship at this prestigious government organization, which include:
- Be among the first applicants. Besides meeting all the stipulated qualifications, sending your application on a first come, first served basis also helps increase your consideration chances.
- Fill in all the required details, upload all the needed documents, and ensure the images are clear. Online applications may trick you into thinking that some details are unimportant, but failing to include them may cost you a chance.
- Do the application yourself and refrain from trusting a friend or the cyber attendant to do it for you because they can miss a detail or fill in incorrect information.
KALRO Internship Selection Process
It is critical to remember that the process does not end at application.
There is a selection process to determine the applicants to shortlist.
During the selection process, those who did not follow the application rules to the letter are disqualified.
Priority is given to disabled persons and applicants who completed their studies in the last 24 months, including those waiting to graduate.
The selection criteria also focus on applicants who performed well in subjects of interest.
There is an interview waiting for you after being short-listed.
The interview is a combination of a face-to-face examination and a written test.
You need to prepare for the interview to stand a chance of being selected.
Additional Information about KALRO Internships
Here is some additional information you should know regarding KALRO internships:
- They do not accept applicants who have gone through other internship programs. The program is strictly for fresh graduates or those on the graduate list.
- There is no extension of the internship after six months, nor is there a guarantee of being absorbed as a permanent employee. However, after internship completion, interns can apply for available vacancies within the studied course.
- Internship opportunities are available in select disciplines; only students who have studied in those disciplines are expected to apply.
- Canvassing during the application is highly discouraged by KALRO, leading to application disqualification if discovered.
- No applications are received after the deadline, so strive to submit them earlier.
- There are no internship or career vacancies at the moment.
- KALRO does not ask for any payment when applying or submitting internship requests. Anything of the sort should be reported to the relevant office.
- Persons with disabilities, minorities, and from marginalized groups are urged to apply.