Lake Basin Development Authority (LBDA) Job Vacancy: How to Apply
LATEST JOBS IN KENYA 2023
- Career Opportunities at SunCulture Kenya (3 Positions)
- World YWCA Leadership Cohort 2023 Open For Application
- Career Opportunities at Aga Khan University Hospital
- UNFPA Kenya is Looking For Communications Interns
- International Labor Organization (ILO) Open 3 Positions
- Job Opportunities at Ministry of Tourism and Wildlife (20 Positions)
- Career Openings at Moi University (2 Positions)
- Career at JM Associates (Audit Semi-Senior, Audit Senior)
- Summit Recruitment and Search 4 Open Positions
- NCBA Group Hiring in 3 Positions; Apply Today
- Crystal Recruit Hiring in 4 Positions; Apply Today
- Careers at West Indian Ocean Cable Company (WIOCC)
- Civil Engineering Internship- 2 Posts at Megawatt Power & Telecommunications Company Ltd
- CIC Insurance Open Career Opportunities
- Food and Agriculture Organization Hiring Project Assistant
- British High Commission Nairobi Hiring Social Secretary
- Client Services Intern at Jubilee Insurance
- Accountancy as a Career; Roles, Skills, Pros and Cons Explained
- Part Time Jobs for Students: Local Jobs, Campus Jobs – Kenya
- Tips On how to Find Best Part Time Jobs in Kenya as a Student
- List Of Best Part Time Jobs In Kenya
- List Of 10 Best Jobs You Can Get in Kenya Without a Degree
- List Of Best Recruitment Agencies For Jobs Abroad In Kenya
- Internship Opportunities at Elysian Resort Runda
- Vacancies Open at Kenya Airways
- Career Jobs at Cytonn Investments
- Data Entry Work From Home Jobs: How to Submit Application
- Careers Openings at Kwale County Government; How to Apply
- Looking for an Opportunity in Humanitarian Affairs? Apply for 54 Humanitarian Jobs
- Apply for McCall MacBain Scholarships at McGill 2024 Cohort
Lake Basin Development Authority (LBDA) Job Vacancy: How to Apply,
LAKE BASIN DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
JOB ADVERTISEMENT FOR MANAGING DIRECTOR AT LAKE BASIN DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY JOB
REF NO: LBDA/MD/001/2023
Lake Basin Development Authority (LBDA) is State Corporation under the Ministry of EAC Asals, and Regional Development established to provide an avenue for a quicker, more meaningful and coordinated development in the Kenyan portion of the Lake Victoria basin. The mandate of the Authority entails poverty reduction and ensuring balanced basin-based development through planning, coordination, implementation of multi-sectoral integrated development programs and projects and monitoring and evaluation
The Authority’s Board is in the process of recruiting a competent and passionate professional to fill the position of Managing Director on contract terms. The contract will be for an initial period of three (3) years, renewable once for a further period of three (3) years subject to outstanding performance and the achievement of defined targets and outcomes. An attractive and competitive remuneration package shall be offered to the successful candidate.
a) To serve as the Accounting Officer of the Authority and be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Authority,
b) To develop and implement strategies aimed at promoting the organization’s Mandate, Vision and Mission,
c) To be responsible for the implementation of the performance contract signed between the Board of Directors and the Government of Kenya,
d) To implement and monitor the decisions of the Board of Directors and report to the Board accordingly,
e) To promote strategic transformative leadership, draw and execute plans for the effective implementation of the Authority’s strategic plan in line with the Bottom up economic transformation agenda (BETA Agenda)
f) To establish and maintain collaborative networks with local, regional and international development partners for investment and resource mobilization,
g) To manage and control the Authority’s financial, human resource and assets in an efficient and cost effective manner in consultation with the Board of Directors and the Parent Ministry,
h) To develop, review, direct and manage the Authority’s financial and other operational systems, procedures and controls.
i) To ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, standards ,procedures and agreements
j) To provide technical and secretarial services to the Board of Directors
k) To build a high performing and self-motivated team of staff and play an active role in attracting retaining and developing staff.
a) Must be a Kenyan Citizen
b) Must have Bachelor’s Degree either in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Agriculture or Equivalent from a recognized institution,
c) Must have Professional qualification and membership to a professional body in good standing,
d) Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Engineering, Agriculture or Equivalent from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
e) Must have a minimum period of ten (10) years relevant work experience five (5) of which should be in management position.
f) Must have a Certificate in Corporate Governance or Leadership from a recognized institution.
g) Must fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applicants should submit soft copy applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic and professional certificates, transcripts, national identification cards and any other relevant supporting documents to email address firstname.lastname@example.org and hard copy applications clearly marked with the reference should be dropped at the Authority’s headquarters office in Kisumu not later than 11 May 2023.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Chairperson, Board of Directors
Lake Basin Development Authority
P.O. Box 1516-40100
Shortlisted candidates must submit certificates of compliance from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB), the Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC), the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) and a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Department of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
LBDA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.