Marketing Internship at Farm to Feed
About Farm to Feed
We are the odd-looking solution to food loss. In sub-Saharan Africa, nearly 50% of fruits and vegetables produced never reach a consumer. In Kenya, 30% of food produced is lost after harvest. Whilst this is happening, 32% of Kenyans face food insecurity, and 26% of Kenyan children are stunted. Farm to Feed was created to tackle this devastating paradox. Our website – www.farmtofeedkenya.com
At Farm to Feed, we aggregate surplus and imperfect produce and sell to partners who help increase access to affordable nutrition and customers looking for affordable vegetables while positively impacting the climate.
● Avant-garde: We are original and not afraid to stand out to tackle problems of the food system differently.
● Committed: We are committed to each other, our farmers, and a healthier planet
● Agile: We are flexible, which gives us room to innovate quickly.
● Honest: We have put transparency and integrity central to everything we do.
We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated marketing intern to join our growing startup in Nairobi, Kenya. If you’re an ambitious individual who wants to build a social media and content marketing career, we want to work with you. You’ll be part of a team that is constantly innovating and thinking of fresh ways to talk about food loss, climate change and how to make a difference out there. You’ll work closely with the founding team and help create Farm to Feed’s marketing strategy.
As part of the role, you’ll work on building company collateral for us that captures our brand essence as well as manage our branding in the public space. Your role will include preparing promotional presentations, monitoring social platforms and conducting market analysis, amongst other things.
In addition to being an excellent communicator, you should have excellent multitasking and organizational abilities. The successful candidate will also have in-depth knowledge of marketing techniques and social media platforms. Most of all, we’re looking for someone who can think quickly on their feet and can work independently.
– Building, preparing and creating promotional/marketing assets, e.g. presentations, brochures, flyers, and posts which clearly convey Farm to Feed to customers and partners.
– Designing a content calendar for our various communication channels and owning our public branding with support from the team.
– Contributing to the creation of mock-ups, email campaigns, and social media content.
– Performing market analysis and research on the latest trends.
– Monitoring all social media platforms for trending news, ideas, and feedback.
– Helping with the planning and hosting of marketing events.
– Researching and evaluating competitor marketing and digital content.
– Current enrollment (or recently completed) undergraduate or graduate course for marketing, communications or a similar field.
– Familiarity with the Nairobi / Kenyan market.
– Good understanding of the latest marketing trends and techniques.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Outstanding multitasking abilities.
– Must have a passion for marketing and the mission of Farm to Feed.
– Understanding of paid media channels is considered a plus