M&E and Data Analysis Associate at Segal Family Foundation
LATEST JOBS IN KENYA 2023
- World Food Programme (WFP) Vacancy Announcements
- International Rescue Committee Kenya Careers
- World Vision Kenya Jobs
- Canonical Kenya Job Opportunities
- CIC Insurance Careers
- Britam Career Opportunities
- Standard Chartered Bank Kenya Careers
- Danish Refugee Council Careers
- Diageo Careers
- 350+ Posts – Public Service Commission Jobs
- St Andrew’s School is Looking for a Graduate Assistant – Senior School
- PSC Jobs-Hiring Deputy County Commissioner (117 Positions)
- Vacancies at Public Service Commission Kenya (PSCK), Job Application Form Portal
- International School of Kenya Open Job Opportunities Closing September 15th 2023
- Young Women Christian Association Hiring in 3 Positions Before June 14th 2023
- I&M Bank is Looking to Fill 2 Open Positions, Submit Your Application
- UNODC Massive Hiring For Local Individual Contractors in Various Locations
- Public Service Commission, PSC Careers, 341 Vacancies, Online Application
- Generation Kenya Recruitment 2023 Application Portal-https://kenya.generation.org
- World Vision Kenya Recruitment Application Form Portal
- TSC Kenya Online Recruitment Portal 2023/2024 – https://tsconline.tsc.go.ke
- EAPCC Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Portal
- CAK Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Portal
- Summit Recruitment and Search 2023 Application Form Portal
- Northern Rangelands Trust Internships 2023 Application Form Portal
- Northern Rangelands Trust Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Kenya Red Cross Society Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Enumerators Recruitment 2023 Application (160 Positions) at Helen Keller International
- KEPHIS Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Crystal Recruit 2023 Jobs Application Form Portal
M&E and Data Analysis Associate at Segal Family Foundation,
M&E and Data Analysis Associate at Segal Family Foundation
Segal Family Foundation partners with outstanding organizations improving the well-being of communities in Sub-Saharan Africa. Our vision is that every Sub-Saharan African grows up with access to quality education and health services, the protection of their reproductive rights, and the opportunity to contribute to a productive society.
M&E and Data Analysis Associate
Scope of Work:
Co-lead piloting and improvement of SFF’s M&E tools and processes
- Ensure we have efficient ways to collect accurate data against the indicators in our MEL framework. Review what data we already collect across the organization and how to use it, in a bid to streamline and increase efficiencies in data collection across the team.
- Drive continuous efforts to improve data accuracy, quality, and enhance data systems. This will require building deep familiarity with the TOC, and the foundation’s key programs, initiatives, and activities in order to understand the data sources and tools at SFF.
- Validating data and regularly engaging the SFF teams on data collected to build shared understanding of the different indicators in our MEL framework, and ensure that the data collected is meaningful and relevant to their work.
- Facilitate team conversations to create shared understanding of what the data means.
- Share and implement suggestions on bringing order and structure into our knowledge management, e.g Google Drive
- This has an iterative character, where we listen to feedback from our internal users and keep improving the tools and processes.
Partner with our five Hubs in Africa on the monthly Data & Insight Conversations to drive a culture of continuous learning & improvement
- Compile monthly data dashboards for each Hub, drawing from the various existing data sources (Salesforce, Slack, grantee partner reports, Google Drive, etc)
- In conversation, support Hub teams to interpret data and draw useful insights on their programming, i.e. grant making, grantee capacity strengthening, community building and partnerships/ advocacy, to improve support to grantee partners.
- Facilitate the follow-up of priorities and partner support actions coming from the Data & Insight Conversations.
- The centrality of your role & your regular interactions with all SFF Hubs and data across the organization uniquely positions you to draw patterns, identify trends and insights, and make linkages between the Hubs for cross-learning.
Conduct data analysis to draw insights on grantee impact, sector trends and SFF’s ToC.
At SFF we have a large amount of data that we’ve collected over the 15+ years of working with 400+ organizations across Africa. We’d love to dig into this data universe, draw insights and package some of them for public consumption (e.g website articles, case studies, impact spotlights showcasing our grantee-partners’ impact, and donor issue briefs educating peer-funders on supporting meaningful change in various sectors, etc.
- Under guidance from the Director of Learning & Impact, carry out data analysis and data mining projects that create value for SFF and the larger community.
- Package and present the findings for internal learning and discussion.
- Participate in conceptualizing and creating knowledge products for external audiences.
Lead on progress & outcome reporting:
- Draw from data and insights to contribute to reporting and conversations (program reports, quarterly reports, board briefs, annual reports, ad-hoc reports)
Passionate about building the case for locally-driven social change and grantee-centric philanthropy
- You align with SFF’s mission on finding, funding and nurturing local solutions to pressing challenges in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Excited to learn more about trust-based, grantee-centric philanthropy and build the knowledge and evidence based for this approach.
- You are obsessed about using data for learning (rather than just reporting!), and are passionate about providing insights to inform decisions in organizations to optimize processes, programs and systems. You love helping people see the potential of data, whether qualitative and quantitative and from various sources in answering strategic questions.
Strategic problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment:
- You’re energized by making things work smoother and more effectively. You are excited to be a thought partner in designing new systems/processes and optimizing existing ones.
- You welcome and navigate complexity well. You pay attention to detail and also zoom out to consider the bigger picture. You can apply big ideas and also break them down into everyday tools, processes, and plans.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and embracing the challenge of driving new initiatives in an environment of growth and change.
- You are highly organized, think ahead to anticipate workflows, create/request clarity on priorities, accomplish tasks with quality and attention to detail under a deadline.
- You are very proactive, suggest ideas and take initiative in problem solving.
- You are curious about emerging technologies and love to explore how they could be applied to strengthen MEL.
Proven experience in M&E and in facilitating teams and organizations to adopt MEL practices
- Given the many moving pieces in our SFF MEL Department, we are looking for a demonstrated track record of delivering multiple MEL projects at a time, whether working individually or collaboratively with others.
- Strong experience linking Theory of Change with quantitative & qualitative data
- You have strong analytical skills. You are excited by what is between the lines and beneath the numbers. You enjoy working with different types of data from multiple sources and analyzing it to find trends, answer questions and inform decisions.
- You have used various software applications for data management and analysis. Advanced skills in Excel and/or Google Sheets are required. (SFF currently uses Salesforce as our CRM).
- You have experience implementing a nimble, thoughtful M&E plan for social sector orgs (NGOs, social enterprises) that lead to learning and improvement.
- You have experience leading or facilitating data discussions and reviews with teams and training and supporting them to incorporate M&E practices into their work
- Ability to tailor, creatively package and share data, knowledge and insights from M&E initiatives to various audiences, making M&E accessible/understandable to various audiences.
Collaborative and service-oriented across cultures and departments
- Proven ability to build and maintain meaningful collaboration with colleagues across cultures and time zones.
- You balance being meticulous and action-oriented. You roll up your sleeves to get the job done and provide value.
- Great interpersonal and active listening skills and bring an open mind, curiosity, and humility when entering conversations with others. Ability to adapt to different working styles and contexts.
Why work with us
- Mission and Impact: We want to change the face of philanthropy while uplifting incredible local leaders (who we like to call rockstars). Every day we support local leaders changing the lives of their communities.
- Autonomy: We hire smart and talented people and let them lead the way. You will get a team behind you for support and will be given the autonomy to execute.
- Work Hard, Play Hard: We put in the extra time and go the extra mile to support our grantee partners. But we also love to laugh, have fun, and enjoy the camaraderie we’ve built amongst our team.
- Variety and Adventure: We support 300+ grantee partners across 10+ African countries. You will get to experience new cultures, places, and exciting organizations across the continent.
Method of Application
- segal family foundation jobs
- segal family foundation address
- segal family foundation grants
- segal family foundation wikipedia
- segal family foundation partners
- segal family foundation annual report
- segal family foundation salary
- segal family foundation vacancies