Ongoing Recruitment at HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya
LATEST JOBS IN KENYA 2023
- Career Opportunities at SunCulture Kenya (3 Positions)
- World YWCA Leadership Cohort 2023 Open For Application
- Career Opportunities at Aga Khan University Hospital
- UNFPA Kenya is Looking For Communications Interns
- International Labor Organization (ILO) Open 3 Positions
- Job Opportunities at Ministry of Tourism and Wildlife (20 Positions)
- Career Openings at Moi University (2 Positions)
- Career at JM Associates (Audit Semi-Senior, Audit Senior)
- Summit Recruitment and Search 4 Open Positions
- NCBA Group Hiring in 3 Positions; Apply Today
- Crystal Recruit Hiring in 4 Positions; Apply Today
- Careers at West Indian Ocean Cable Company (WIOCC)
- Civil Engineering Internship- 2 Posts at Megawatt Power & Telecommunications Company Ltd
- CIC Insurance Open Career Opportunities
- Food and Agriculture Organization Hiring Project Assistant
- British High Commission Nairobi Hiring Social Secretary
- Client Services Intern at Jubilee Insurance
- Accountancy as a Career; Roles, Skills, Pros and Cons Explained
- Part Time Jobs for Students: Local Jobs, Campus Jobs – Kenya
- Tips On how to Find Best Part Time Jobs in Kenya as a Student
- List Of Best Part Time Jobs In Kenya
- List Of 10 Best Jobs You Can Get in Kenya Without a Degree
- List Of Best Recruitment Agencies For Jobs Abroad In Kenya
- Internship Opportunities at Elysian Resort Runda
- Vacancies Open at Kenya Airways
- Career Jobs at Cytonn Investments
- Data Entry Work From Home Jobs: How to Submit Application
- Careers Openings at Kwale County Government; How to Apply
- Looking for an Opportunity in Humanitarian Affairs? Apply for 54 Humanitarian Jobs
- Apply for McCall MacBain Scholarships at McGill 2024 Cohort
Ongoing Recruitment at HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations / View Jobs at HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya
HIAS is the global Jewish nonprofit organization that protects refugees—including women and children, and ethnic, religious, and sexual minorities—whose lives are in danger for being who they are.
Community Outreach Worker
Vacancy Number HRTK/CW/04/2023
HIAS works with communities’ natural systems to optimize support for Persons with Specific Needs (PSNs). This approach enables HIAS to meet the safety, psychosocial, economic, and justice needs of PSNs; and facilitate their access to appropriate care. HIAS seeks to recruit a Community Outreach Worker who will be required to identify the most at risk and vulnerable refugees, provide them with necessary information as needed and link them with opportunities for psychosocial assessment and vulnerability assessment preceding appropriate intervention.
- Identification of the most vulnerable refugees in the community in need of protection and psychosocial support (including counselling, food assistance, protection concerns, financial assistance, medical assistance etc.)
- Participation in community awareness and information dissemination to members of the community.
- Assist in referral of vulnerable refugees in the community to partner agencies for appropriate intervention.
- Provide support to caseworkers in the follow up and tracking of individual cases and updating the status accordingly.
- Assist in the provision of direct assistance to refugees in the community.
- Assist with translation for refugees in the community during assessments, home visits, counseling sessions and other activities as may be required.
- Assist in the mobilization of community members for support groups, community forums and sensitization campaigns within the communities.
- Accompany case workers for home visits, conduct individual visits, follow-ups and provide feedback reports to the case workers.
- Provide weekly and monthly quantitative and qualitative reports to the line manager highlighting individual performance, progress against targets and client needs and outcomes of assistance provided.
- Attend regular staff meetings, monthly debriefings, trainings, and other meetings as required and ensure regular personal development and supervision.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- 1 year working experience, including at least 6 months working with the refugee community, preferably with an NGO.
- Experience in the field of refugee protection and assistance is an added advantage.
- Must be part of the sexual and gender minority community (LGBTIQ).
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- Should be well integrated to the dynamics and needs of members of the refugee community within their areas.
- Good working knowledge of the community needs and gaps
- Ability to work with members of the community with little or no supervision
- Computer literacy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic counselling skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong training skills in community development and working with PSN will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP)
- Knowledge of Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) will be an added advantage
- Must Not be employed by any other agency
- Proficiency in English or Kiswahili, and other major languages spoken within the Ugandan and Congolese communities eg: Luganda, Kinyamulenge, French, Kirundi, or Kinyarwanda etc.
Closing Date: 8th May 2023
Vacancy Number HRTK/RC/04/2023
HIAS is looking for recruit a Reliever Cook who will support the existing cooks in their responsibilities whenever there is need at the Safe House.
The cook will participate in the preparation and serving of meals at the safe house including the following functions.
- Oversee and participate in the preparation, cooking and serving of well-balanced main meals to shelter residents.
- Arrange and direct the appropriate storage of food and supplies.
- Determine quantities to be cooked and size of portions to be served, taking into account total population of the safe house.
- Check quantity and quality of stock received and notify Head Cook of any deficiencies.
- Ensure that high standards of hygiene and health are maintained in the kitchen.
- Preparation of kitchen daily consumption reports
- In liaison with the storekeeper do requests for the kitchen
- Maintaining safety standards throughout all food preparation and storage areas.
- Perform any other duties as may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- A certificate in Hotel and catering management or food and beverage
- Must have a valid medical certificate.
- Should have a minimum of 2 years of experience in the catering industry.
- Ability to accurately read, measure, convert and follow recipes and assemble ingredients according to cooking standards and recipes.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing member of a team to ensure deadlines, goals and objectives are met.
- Comprehensive understanding of Food Hygiene Regulations.
- Ability to work under pressure, Night shifts, Weekends and public holidays.
- Experience of high-volume catering in a busy work place.
- Fully conversant with various cooking methods like boiling, baking, frying, roasting and steaming.
- Knowledge of Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP).
- Knowledge of Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA).
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, 5th May 2023
HIAS Kenya seeks to recruit a Communication Officer who will handle communication at the Country level, respond to communications from partners, develop content and update the HIAS Kenya social media accounts. The Communication Officer will also track campaign analytics and maintain digital media archives.
- Develop, write, and edit HIAS Kenya public and communications materials, including press releases, statements, fact-checking, Q&As guidance notes, briefing notes, fact sheets, newsletters, blog posts and social media content.
- Promote communication and publicity materials of HIAS Kenya through appropriate media channels.
- Track analytics and create reports detailing successes and failures of communication campaigns.
- Ensure that all communication and marketing materials align with HIAS brand identity and donor standards.
- Work with Communication and Program team members to conceptualize and implement communication strategies, campaigns and other initiatives.
- Provide technical guidance to HIAS Kenya program staff in developing Information Education and Communication (IEC) material.
- Respond to media inquiries, handle interview requests and perform media outreach.
- Develop escalation protocols for managing communication crisis, should they arise.
- Perform market research and analyze the HIAS Kenya’s audience and its needs.
- Create and maintain a robust relationship with the media to promote the organization image.
- Develop and maintain a database of journalists, reporters, media and other related organizations.
- Coordinate promotional events and news conferences, press releases and exhibitions.
- Monitor and respond to feedback from the media and the public about HIAS on traditional and digital channels.
- Ensure that digital marketing content aligns with HIAS brand identity and purpose and adheres to official brand guidelines.
- Participates in ongoing development of HIAS Kenya’s communications strategy and training of staff in communications best practices.
- Contributes to HIAS Kenya’s internal communications, including drafting talking points, reports and others.
- Maintain up to date of matters and issues pertaining to the country under the area of expertise to provide advice and updates to the country office.
- Collaborating with the Country director, fundraising specialist and program managers to send funders newsletters, and to promote on-site tours.
- Coordinate with the HIAS HQ Communications department to share relevant content, ensure message alignment, participate in HIAS global campaigns, and maximize social media impact.
- Maintain up to date of HIAS communications policies and guidelines.
- Performs other tasks as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in communication or journalism or other relevant field.
- 2-3 years of prior experience creating digital content and managing communications campaigns, working in media or marketing, experience in the humanitarian sector is preferable.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written as well as analytical skills.
- Ability to work well independently and with a team.
- Understand the best practices of main social media channels including Facebook, Twitter Instagram, LinkedIn and other digital platforms.
- Ability to compose engaging and accurate media content.
- Superior time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint essential).
- Knowledge of photo and video editing and design software is an asset.
- Understanding of communications, external relations, and advocacy best practices
- Avid reader with a keen eye on laws, Policies and issues affecting Persons of Concern at the National and Global level.
- Knowledge of Accountability to Affected Populations
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Use the emails(s) below to apply
- Community Outreach Worker – Apply Here
- Reliever Cook – Apply Here
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae with at least 3 names and contacts of referees
- Valid and updated refugee ID
- Proof of registration
- Academic and Training Certificates
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the Vacancy Number on the subject line.