Open Job Vacancies at Absa Bank Limited
LATEST JOBS IN KENYA 2023
- Careers at Homa-Bay County Public Service Board
- Hot Openings at National Police Service Commission
- Internship Opportunities at RTI International
- Career Opportunities at International Rescue Committee
- Applications and Clinical Demand Specialist at Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Career Opportunities at Co-operative Bank of Kenya
- Latest Recruitment at The Coca-Cola Company
- Job Opportunities at Royal Media Group
- Job Opportunities at University of Nairobi
- Job Openings at Azenia
- Job Openings at DanChurchAid (DCA)
- Regional Finance Officer (2 Positions) at Kenya Red Cross Society
- Job Opportunities at Standard Bank Group
- Career Opportunities at SGS
- Career Opportunities at Aga Khan University Hospital
- Job Opportunities at International Rescue Committee (9 Positions)
- Vacant Openings at World Bank Group
- Vacancies at Jubilee Insurance (7 Positions)
- Latest Recruitment at UNICEF
- Inua Elimu Governor’s Grant at Migori County
- Administration Assistant at Danish Refugee Council
- Vacancies at Council of Governors
- Job Opportunities at Standard Bank Group
- Vacancies at SOS Children’s Villages (2 Positions)
- Jobs at CURE International (Patient Attendant, Housekeeper)
- Call Centre Agents at HCS Africa
- Job Opportunities at Norwegian Refugee Council
- Career Opportunities at International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI)
- Career Opportunities at Kyosk Digital Services
- Career Opportunities at Equity Bank Kenya
Open Job Vacancies at Absa Bank Limited,
Open Job Vacancies at Absa Bank Limited
Jobs at Absa Bank Limited
Absa Bank Limited (Absa) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Barclays Africa Group Limited. Absa offers personal and business banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, wealth and investment management as well as bancassurance.
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
- Reporting to Merchant Acquiring Product Manager, the role holder will formulate and execute the new merchant acquiring business initiatives such as Ecommerce, QR payments, mPOS, BNPL and marketplace to hold and grow the bank’s market share in the acquiring business in line with the bank’s payment’s strategy. The role holder shall also be responsible for managing the performance of the products through the entire lifecycle ensuring that customer value and ROI are optimized. The role shall interact with partners who are co-creators in the product development and management process.
Key accountabilities and approximate time split
Business Development – time split 40%
- Develop and implement merchant-acquiring product strategies to hold and grow the bank’s market share, revenue, and profitability in line with the Bank’s transformation strategy.
- Define compelling merchant acquiring value propositions by understanding customers’ needs, pains, and gains.
- Provide technical sales support to the relationship managers and business bankers in prospecting and closing on eCommerce opportunities and following through to implementation
- Help in identifying the unique needs of merchants, payment aggregators, fintech, and the developer community and support in curating compelling proposals that meet customer needs
- Own the E-commerce Strategy, product roadmap and, go to market efforts in line with the bank’s overall payments strategy
- Champion capacity-building initiatives to the customer-facing teams
- Identify, develop, and support the execution of acquisition marketing campaigns
Product Development – time split 30%
- Effectively champion and gain buy-in for the eCommerce strategy, product vision, and roadmap from partner teams through collaboration, documentation, and negotiation
- Support the development of superior user experience and processes on the merchant-acquiring channels
- Support product launches to ensure go-to-market plans are effective and will deliver the planned performance indicators – financial and customer targets.
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application and model price and value propositions for merchants acquiring products and services.
- Work closely with the Business Units, Technology, Marketing, Project Management, and Operations teams to deliver products from ideation to market.
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Develop innovative solutions that will be delivered through digital and/or electronic channels that respond to market needs or identified gaps in the market.
- Identify and develop product performance metrics to ensure the attainment of business case objectives.
- Continuous propagation of process innovation to maximize competitive advantage.
Stakeholder Engagement – time split 20%
- Identify and manage internal stakeholders and external partnerships including technology and service vendors, commercial partners, and internal support teams to deliver on project deliverables.
- Assemble and manage the project teams.
- Secure and maintain business commitment/involvement from stakeholders and obtain feedback at all stages of the project.
- Analyze feedback from stakeholders and determine the way forward.
- Monitor and manage Project progress, project scope, and control change.
- Identify strategic and cross-functional issues.
- Establish and manage appropriate project Risk, Opportunities, Change, and Issue management procedures.
- Forecast and ensure delivery of likely business benefits.
- Manage compliance with Absa project practices and methodologies.
- Ensure the business is prepared for the change, including agreement of acceptance criteria and sign-off.
- Determine the readiness of service and obtain sanction to proceed to roll-out
- Review the pilot and assess the quality of deliverables and controls.
- Ensure the impact of the project on the operational and IT infrastructure is accessed and communicated.
- Ensure the project deliverables are presented to the business within timescales contained in the Project plan and within budgets agreed on inception.
- Prepare project reports within specified standards and timescales.
- Manage Project Interdependencies.
People Management – time split 10%
- Foster a positive, prideful work environment with open communications and timely resolution of conflicts.
- Cascade information to the project team and give briefs on assignments and technical explanations.
- Review and assess the performance of project team members against plans.
- Discuss and finalize performance development plans and ratings for your direct reports.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Management, Information Technology, or related fields
- 5 years of experience in product development in a financial services environment
- At least 2-3 years of specific experience in:
- Merchant acquiring product development
- E-commerce and QR Payments
- Digital Product Development.
- Project Management
- A postgraduate qualification is an added advantage
- In-depth knowledge of competitors and local market activity
- In-depth knowledge of payment gateway flows and integrations
Knowledge and Skills
- Certification Digital Product Development/ Project Management/ AGILE Methodologies and Practice
- Knowledge and experience in developing and implementing innovative product offerings.
- Knowledge and experience in the implementation of digital platforms and solutions end to end
- Strong commercial/ entrepreneurial acumen
- Strong networking skills at a high level
- Highly developed analytical and perceptive skills
- Ability to develop, plan, execute, and implement according to corporate and project plan strategies
- Change management
- Team working – building and developing high performance
- Proven people, leadership, and negotiation skills.
- A result-driven ‘team player’, personality with a willingness and ability to work in a dynamic working environment.
- Innovative, with prior experience in product development.
- Strong communication skills both in person and in writing with excellent presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Enthusiastic attitude and focus on results.
- A high aptitude and comfort level with technical environments and the ability to work in a highly demanding environment and able to meet aggressive deadlines
Senior Actuarial Analyst
Overall job purpose
- To provide specialist actuarial support that enables sound commercial advice through the application of probability and investment theory and related statistical tools and the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed standard operating procedures to support sound management of business performance and financial risk
- Perform advanced actuarial production processes under general supervision to support sound management of business performance and financial risk.
Processes may include:
- Analytics and financial reporting to ensure accurate financial reporting and support management decision making:
- Preparation and analysis of data as inputs to actuarial calculations such as Monthly IFRS 17 and capital calculations
- Managing timelines across the various teams in order to produce Monthly IFRS 17 results within timelines
- Production of management information
- Production of experience analyses as an input for basis setting / pricing exercises
Production of actuarial exercises such as reserving, capital, and pricing
- Product development and management to enable business performance and drive customer value, including:
- Production of competitor research and understanding of the landscape and technical product analysis as inputs to product design
- Creating basic product design, formulation of product specifications and implementing product enhancements
- Running models to ensure accurate financial reporting and support management decision making at an advanced level:
- For inputs to processes such as IFRS 17 cashflow projection, capital, pricing or business case modelling
- Development of and maintenance of advanced spreadsheet models
- Development of and maintenance of actuarial open platform Prophet software models
- Management of stakeholders to enable alignment and efficient delivery of business objectives through coordinating activities, planning deliverables and tracking and reporting progress
- Bachelor’s Degree: Actuarial Science
- Progress in Actuarial Exams
- Experience in running Prophet Enterprise Software added Advantage
Call Centre Agents (contract) – FAK
- To guide customers with their questions and addresses issues regarding products or services at the contact centre
- Immediate management of inbound and outbound calls in line with contact centre call guidelines/etiquette and provide solutions to customers in a professional way within the stipulated TATs.
- Escalate All complaints/feedbacks triggered via calls to respective departments.
- Advise and guide prospective customers’ inquiries about FA medical products and services.
- Respond to the insured customers about benefits inquiries.
- Guide the insured customers about their benefits, service provider and other related matters.
- Negotiate with service providers for sustainable costs containment.
- Higher Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.