Operations Associate at Ona
Operations Associate at Ona
LATEST JOBS IN KENYA 2023
- World Food Programme (WFP) Vacancy Announcements
- International Rescue Committee Kenya Careers
- World Vision Kenya Jobs
- Canonical Kenya Job Opportunities
- CIC Insurance Careers
- Britam Career Opportunities
- Standard Chartered Bank Kenya Careers
- Danish Refugee Council Careers
- Diageo Careers
- 350+ Posts – Public Service Commission Jobs
- St Andrew’s School is Looking for a Graduate Assistant – Senior School
- PSC Jobs-Hiring Deputy County Commissioner (117 Positions)
- Vacancies at Public Service Commission Kenya (PSCK), Job Application Form Portal
- International School of Kenya Open Job Opportunities Closing September 15th 2023
- Young Women Christian Association Hiring in 3 Positions Before June 14th 2023
- I&M Bank is Looking to Fill 2 Open Positions, Submit Your Application
- UNODC Massive Hiring For Local Individual Contractors in Various Locations
- Public Service Commission, PSC Careers, 341 Vacancies, Online Application
- Generation Kenya Recruitment 2023 Application Portal-https://kenya.generation.org
- World Vision Kenya Recruitment Application Form Portal
- TSC Kenya Online Recruitment Portal 2023/2024 – https://tsconline.tsc.go.ke
- EAPCC Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Portal
- CAK Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Portal
- Summit Recruitment and Search 2023 Application Form Portal
- Northern Rangelands Trust Internships 2023 Application Form Portal
- Northern Rangelands Trust Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Kenya Red Cross Society Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Enumerators Recruitment 2023 Application (160 Positions) at Helen Keller International
- KEPHIS Recruitment 2023 Application Form Portal
- Crystal Recruit 2023 Jobs Application Form Portal
Operations Associate at Ona,
Operations Associate at Ona
Ona is a social enterprise that builds the data infrastructure to drive change. We believe technology affords new opportunities for governments and development organizations to be increasingly data driven, collaborative and accountable. Our goal is never simply to build a great product, but to support great outcomes.
We are seeking an Operations associate who will be based on site in Nairobi, Kenya reporting to the Finance Lead.
You will be in charge of the day to day running of the Ona Kenya Office. Other responsibilities will include managing the office facilities, apartment, ensuring the health and safety standards are adhered to and the team are well equipped to work effectively and efficiently.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Providing general support to the Ona Visitors and Ona staff.
- Manage the office supplies/equipment management process that ensures adequate stock of supplies to prevent stock-outs.
- Maintain records related to government procedures, circulars and correspondence.
- Maintain an up to date contact list of our clients and team at Ona.
- Coordinate incoming calls; answer and or redirect phone calls as required.
- Assist the team with office related procurement of goods and services.
- Ensure that all operations records are kept updated, e.g. prequalified supplier list and contact details, manage all supplier contracts etc. prompting the Finance Lead when renewals are due.
- Provide support in printing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Set-up and maintain records of all service contracts e.g. office suppliers for required administrative services including repair/maintenance, water, sanitation, electrical, Internet, office supplies.
- Manage the relationships with contractors and suppliers and be their main point of contact when dealing with Ona.
- Maintenance of Office security systems, ensuring installation and implementation of security measures which includes managing the access systems.
- Manage both the apartment and the office utilities by ensuring that the bills are collected and paid in a timely manner.
- Manage and supervise the office and the apartment cleaners.
- Managing the booking system of the apartment this includes managing the online booking platforms to ensure maximum occupancy.
- Manage the inventory of the apartment which includes furniture, equipment and toiletries.
- Liaising with the apartment security to make sure that the guests checking in are registered and allowed in the compound.
- Manage travel arrangements for international and local staff, consultants and visitors. This includes booking flights or working with travel agents to determine the best routing and booking of tickets, hotels, airport transfers, visa application requirements and processing.
- Plan and coordinate logistics for events and functions i.e. booking of venue or transport (as needed), confirmation of participants, and purchase of required items, setting up appointments etc.
- Coordinate, set up, manage all external client / potential client meetings at the office.
- Responsible for the planning, scheduling of meetings and appointments for the team, visitors, clients, consultants who visit the Kenya office. Main point of contact between the visitor / client / consultant and the rest of the Ona Kenya office team, and Ona management team.
- Ensure that all property/equipment are tagged and registered in the fixed asset register.
- Manage the property management database/inventory spreadsheet by regularly updating the database for each new purchase of equipment.
- In coordination with the Finance Lead, undertake yearly inventories to reconcile database entries with physical counts of property within the office by documenting and tracking property movements within and between offices and document each physical count against the property inventory database.
- Maintaining inventory records and database in both hard and electronic copy.
- Document all property dispositions and ensure that disposition of property is in compliance with Ona policies.
- Manage the Asset tracking, to ensure that assets assigned to staff are signed for and the inventory label number is recorded.
- Ensure that we have stock for all Ona Merchandise for distribution to staff/ clients.
- Together with the People team, come up with regular training on matters to do with general staff well being.
- Assist the People team in managing recruitment functions, which may include conducting reference checks and onboarding on prospective team members.
- Management of Kenyan work permits and alien cards for international staff by ensuring timely submission and follow-up as needed.
- Work in close collaboration with other staff members to provide feedback on the general staff well being and come up with innovative ways of ensuring team bonding.
- Coordinating staff health and safety training.
- Assisting in staff on-boarding and offboarding.
- Take lead in the facilitation for the Ona branded merchandise this includes liaising with suppliers, liaising with the design team to come up with the design.
Team Player/Company Ambassador
- Represent the company and advocate Ona products and services.
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Business Administration, or other related fields preferred.
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience, proven working experience as an Operations Associate and general office administration.
- Familiarity with or experience using MS Office and Google Suite.
- Proven experience in working in, and coordinating diverse, multi-country teams, to achieve set outcomes.
- Self-starter and motivated to move ahead without direct instruction on each step of a project. Proactive approach to work and able to work with limited supervision.
- Experience working in global organizations.
- A team player who enjoys interacting with people of all levels in a multicultural environment.
- Friendly, courteous, professional demeanor as the “face” of Ona when a visitor or client walks through the door.
- Flexibility and a can-do approach to tasks and the ability to adapt to a changing and challenging environment.
- Right to live and work in Kenya preferred
- Ability to communicate accurately, clearly, and effectively in written and spoken English.
- Excellent attention to detail and orientation toward meticulous work.
- Able to prioritize dozens of high-value tasks simultaneously, in an environment where priorities are constantly changing.
- Self-starter and motivated to move ahead without direct instruction on each step of a project.
- Motivated to complete projects in a fast-paced environment, and will get things done quickly and efficiently, regardless of the obstacles.
- Able to take big, sometimes nebulous tasks and break them down into the right sequence.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work with and lead multidisciplinary teams.
- Previous work experience from a reputable software engineering company or an international organization.
- Excellent problem-solving and collaboration skills.