Pediatric Clinical Officer at St. Francis Community Hospital
LATEST JOBS IN KENYA 2023
- Careers at Homa-Bay County Public Service Board
- Hot Openings at National Police Service Commission
- Internship Opportunities at RTI International
- Career Opportunities at International Rescue Committee
- Applications and Clinical Demand Specialist at Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Career Opportunities at Co-operative Bank of Kenya
- Latest Recruitment at The Coca-Cola Company
- Job Opportunities at Royal Media Group
- Job Opportunities at University of Nairobi
- Job Openings at Azenia
- Job Openings at DanChurchAid (DCA)
- Regional Finance Officer (2 Positions) at Kenya Red Cross Society
- Job Opportunities at Standard Bank Group
- Career Opportunities at SGS
- Career Opportunities at Aga Khan University Hospital
- Job Opportunities at International Rescue Committee (9 Positions)
- Vacant Openings at World Bank Group
- Vacancies at Jubilee Insurance (7 Positions)
- Latest Recruitment at UNICEF
- Inua Elimu Governor’s Grant at Migori County
- Administration Assistant at Danish Refugee Council
- Vacancies at Council of Governors
- Job Opportunities at Standard Bank Group
- Vacancies at SOS Children’s Villages (2 Positions)
- Jobs at CURE International (Patient Attendant, Housekeeper)
- Call Centre Agents at HCS Africa
- Job Opportunities at Norwegian Refugee Council
- Career Opportunities at International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI)
- Career Opportunities at Kyosk Digital Services
- Career Opportunities at Equity Bank Kenya
Pediatric Clinical Officer at St. Francis Community Hospital,
St Francis Community Hospital Kasarani is a level 5 teaching and referral Hospital was founded in the spirit of St. Francis of Assisi in order to give special attention to the poor and needy by attending to their spiritual, economic, human and intellectual needs.
Pediatric Clinical Officer
- Review of patient’s history and clinical presentation to ascertain the correct investigations, diagnosis and management plan.
- Diagnosis of illnesses and institution of the correct management including conducting minor procedures, resuscitation and all other medical treatment as per the treatment protocols.
- Run daily pediatric outpatient clinic.
- Admitting patients requiring special care followed by investigations and treatment.
- In collaboration with the rest of the clinical staff, receive and attend to patients requiring emergency medical attention.
- Whenever necessary, refer patients for further management in higher level institutions.
- Refer complex cases to the pediatrician.
- Conduct follow ups and reports all complications in writing within or before the end of current duty.
- Implement a smooth, efficient client flow to minimize client waiting times.
- Participate in quality improvement activities.
- Attend and participate in weekly Continuous Medical Education (CME) sessions at the hospital.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery and Higher Diploma in Pediatrics and Child Health.
- Registered by the Kenya Clinical Officers Council and in possession a valid practice license.
- Trained in IMCI.
- Certification in the short emergency courses (ETAT+, EPLS or EmONC) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an RCO and one year experience post specialization.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Able to work in an emergency area.
- High regard for confidentiality and demonstrable integrity
- Commitment to excellent client care and the delivery of client-focused services.
- Team player who accepts constructive criticism and is comfortable with giving constructive criticism.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be willing to work during odd hours and on weekends/holidays
- Committed to work in multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to uphold and align oneself with the core values of St. Francis Community Hospital.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit and address their applications, ENCLOSING A DETAILED CV, AND COVER LETTER ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to be received by 19th May 2023.
Applicants MUST INDICATE CURRENT & EXPECTED CONSOLIDATED SALARY in their application and indicate PEDIATRIC RCO on the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
St. Francis Community Hospital is an equal opportunity employer