Purchasing Officer Jobs at Kyosk Digital Services
LATEST JOBS IN KENYA 2023
- Career Opportunities at SunCulture Kenya (3 Positions)
- World YWCA Leadership Cohort 2023 Open For Application
- Career Opportunities at Aga Khan University Hospital
- UNFPA Kenya is Looking For Communications Interns
- International Labor Organization (ILO) Open 3 Positions
- Job Opportunities at Ministry of Tourism and Wildlife (20 Positions)
- Career Openings at Moi University (2 Positions)
- Career at JM Associates (Audit Semi-Senior, Audit Senior)
- Summit Recruitment and Search 4 Open Positions
- NCBA Group Hiring in 3 Positions; Apply Today
- Crystal Recruit Hiring in 4 Positions; Apply Today
- Careers at West Indian Ocean Cable Company (WIOCC)
- Civil Engineering Internship- 2 Posts at Megawatt Power & Telecommunications Company Ltd
- CIC Insurance Open Career Opportunities
- Food and Agriculture Organization Hiring Project Assistant
- British High Commission Nairobi Hiring Social Secretary
- Client Services Intern at Jubilee Insurance
- Accountancy as a Career; Roles, Skills, Pros and Cons Explained
- Part Time Jobs for Students: Local Jobs, Campus Jobs – Kenya
- Tips On how to Find Best Part Time Jobs in Kenya as a Student
- List Of Best Part Time Jobs In Kenya
- List Of 10 Best Jobs You Can Get in Kenya Without a Degree
- List Of Best Recruitment Agencies For Jobs Abroad In Kenya
- Internship Opportunities at Elysian Resort Runda
- Vacancies Open at Kenya Airways
- Career Jobs at Cytonn Investments
- Data Entry Work From Home Jobs: How to Submit Application
- Careers Openings at Kwale County Government; How to Apply
- Looking for an Opportunity in Humanitarian Affairs? Apply for 54 Humanitarian Jobs
- Apply for McCall MacBain Scholarships at McGill 2024 Cohort
| Purchasing | Full-time
Position: Purchasing Officer
Accountable to: Purchasing Manager
Effectively manage the supply chain/buying of goods from the suppliers and timely delivery to the warehouses at the best prices, in the right quantities and in time to maximize Kyosk’s offering to the market.
Professionally cultivate and nurture relationships with suppliers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Payment management: Prepare LPOs from all warehouses for approval by Purchasing manager as per product movement. Send LPOs to the relevant suppliers and confirm deliveries; Follow and ensure minimal lead times for deliveries as per the LPOs.
- Purchasing: Ensure all the buying targets are met by following up with the warehouses for completion and achievement. Follow up with the accounts to ensure rebate payments are achieved. Negotiate for best-trading terms, margins and discounts
- Stock Management: Monitor stock levels in the warehouses and advice accordingly. Initiate prior stocking up for high seasons-eg Back to school, Christmas, End months. Add new items on the catalog/inventory; update inventory prices as needed.
- Supplier management: Update supplier agreement files and documents. Communicate expiries, damages and obsolete goods to suppliers for solutions; Handle official meetings with vendors. Compare and double-check market prices to ensure the best deals. Review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and purchasing best practice tools and methods.
- Data Management: Analyze data and reports; Keep accurate records of the purchases made in the business. Prepare relevant purchasing reports and meeting minutes; Reconcile purchases with Finance at the end of the month. Compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation.
- Market Analysis: Continuous monitor market trends, competitor strategies, market suppliers to ensure alignment and know-how of the current market and industry trends;
- Work seamlessly with other relevant departments for the goal of the company.
- Any other duties within the purchasing department as assigned by the Purchasing Manager.
Skills and competencies
- Analytical & Logical Thinker;
- Attention to detail;
- Drive for Execution;
- Commercial Acumen;
- Honesty and integrity.
- Tech Savvy
- Relevant Degree in business and/or Supply Chain;
- Professional qualification in supply chain is a plus;
- Knowledgeable on purchasing functions with a minimum of 3 years experience preferably within retail;
- Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown;
- Able to add value, reduce costs and input to business improvements;
- A good understanding of the retail market is a plus;
- Be able to meet strict and dynamic deadlines;
About the Company:
Kyosk Digital Services limited is a tech-led platform that connects informal retailers who retail in kiosks and other similar retail outlets directly to fast-moving consumer goods companies (FMCGs) by communicating demand from retail outlets directly to FMCGs and their distributors and managing the delivery of the goods to the kiosks.
Our digital ordering and delivery platform – Kyosk, ensures that these retail outlets get access to stock at competitive prices and have them delivered directly to them. FMCGs find the traditional distribution chain to be inadequate as well, making it expensive for them to serve kiosk-type retail outlets, leading to high incidences of product stock-outs and lost sales opportunities. By providing FMCGs with good data visibility, we solve this major problem of theirs.
If you want to become a business leader in the emerging digital technology space and join a rapidly growing company of passionate and determined individuals with a singular will to win, Kyosk Digital is the organization for you.
- Trending Jobs in Kenya 2023
- Latest Jobs in Kenya 2023
- Positive Words to Describe Yourself on Your CV
- Top Ten Words to Avoid Using on Your CV
- Positive Words to Describe Your Day-to-Day Work on Your CV
- Useful Phrases To Use When Applying For A Job
- MOD Interviewer and Interviewee Questions and Answers
- Interview Questions For Public Service Commission Positions
- Most Common Interview Question And Answers 2023