Senior Finance Analyst at Amref Kenya
LATEST JOBS IN KENYA 2023
- Careers at Homa-Bay County Public Service Board
- Hot Openings at National Police Service Commission
- Internship Opportunities at RTI International
- Career Opportunities at International Rescue Committee
- Applications and Clinical Demand Specialist at Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Career Opportunities at Co-operative Bank of Kenya
- Latest Recruitment at The Coca-Cola Company
- Job Opportunities at Royal Media Group
- Job Opportunities at University of Nairobi
- Job Openings at Azenia
- Job Openings at DanChurchAid (DCA)
- Regional Finance Officer (2 Positions) at Kenya Red Cross Society
- Job Opportunities at Standard Bank Group
- Career Opportunities at SGS
- Career Opportunities at Aga Khan University Hospital
- Job Opportunities at International Rescue Committee (9 Positions)
- Vacant Openings at World Bank Group
- Vacancies at Jubilee Insurance (7 Positions)
- Latest Recruitment at UNICEF
- Inua Elimu Governor’s Grant at Migori County
- Administration Assistant at Danish Refugee Council
- Vacancies at Council of Governors
- Job Opportunities at Standard Bank Group
- Vacancies at SOS Children’s Villages (2 Positions)
- Jobs at CURE International (Patient Attendant, Housekeeper)
- Call Centre Agents at HCS Africa
- Job Opportunities at Norwegian Refugee Council
- Career Opportunities at International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI)
- Career Opportunities at Kyosk Digital Services
- Career Opportunities at Equity Bank Kenya
Senior Finance Analyst at Amref Kenya
Amref Health Africa in Kenya is the country programme office of Amref Health Africa, Africa’s largest International Health NGO. This is the largest and oldest country programme in Africa with an average annual budget of USD 40million. We have 19 innovative products and project models that have successfully been implemented and transformed 5.4 million
Senior Finance Analyst
The position has dual reporting relationships, reporting to the Global Fundraising Director at the Global Fundraising Development Office and the Head of Finance Group Reporting, based in Nairobi. Amref Health Africa Headquarters will be making investments to improve the fundraising capacity of the fundraising offices, and the Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for providing financial oversight in managing the investment outflows and setting up structures that will oversee reporting on the investments made in Amref Health Africa’s European and North American offices. In the GFDO, the jobholder will oversee day-to-day financial operations, provide financial and management support in budgeting, reporting, ensure appropriate internal control systems and review financial accounting and bookkeeping systems to ensure effective performance of financial operations. The Senior Financial Analyst will also be working with the Head of Finance Group Reporting for approximately fifty percent of his/ her time, to provide reporting oversight to the Group’s treasury functions and strengthening financial reporting across the Group. The position will require close working and collaboration with Finance Managers in Europe, North America, and African countries to effectively deliver on the job’s requirements
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES KEY AREA ACTIVITIES
- Lead in developing financial modelling tool to be used by investment countries in analyzing individual giving returns.
- Support management in evaluating investment cases to determine the investment plan and forecasting of the cash requirements.
- Oversee the development/improvement of appropriate reporting tools in Microsoft Dynamics CRM that will optimize reporting of individual giving.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports for the GFDO.
- Support strategic deal shaping by modelling the investment proposals of the various campaigns.
Financial Reporting and Audits.
- Prepare statutory financial statements in-line with International Accounting Standards & IFRS.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of monthly management reports to GFDO’s management.
- Offer financial reporting leadership for individual giving investment.
- Oversee preparation and submission of timely and accurate financial reports to stakeholders.
- Ensure that the GFDO management is regularly updated with financial information necessary for them to effectively oversee the GFDO operations.
- Oversee institutional audit of GFDO operations.
- In coordination with the Amref Group Internal Audit function and Compliance units, implement and adjust financial controls to mitigate against financial and compliance risks.
- Ensure GFDO staff and business processes are operating within the established internal control environment.
- Set systems and controls to manage revenue, expense and margin for each deal and contract.
- Implement controls to prevent project overspends.
Leadership and Decision Making
- Use data to determine which of GFDO’s investment strategies provide for the largest risk-adjusted margin contribution and advise management on how to improve performance, minimise risk and capitalise on new opportunities.
- Assist in the development and analyse investment models.
- Prepare investment reports and give recommendations to support the GFDO management in decision-making.
- Assist the GFDO and Amref Health Africa in coming up with a financing strategy for investment proposals.
Supporting in investment decisions
- Support in analyzing business cases to inform investments
- Primary gatekeeper for GFDO investments.
- Ensure that investment proposals and work plans are appropriately costed.
Budgeting and Financial Forecasting
- Timely preparation of GFDO annual budgets for Board approval.
- Support management and Board in reviewing investment proposals.
- Conduct investment-return analysis for investment proposals through examining market and financial forecasts, and assumptions to make recommendations and guide executive decision-making.
- Adapt/develop high quality, forecasting models, and tools to be used by the Northern offices in analysing their proposals
- Adapt/develop GFDO’s Business Intelligence tool (Power BI) and the Business Planning tool to produce actionable reports and insights on the investment model.
- Support Northern offices in developing long-term financial forecasting models in their investment proposals.
General Ledger Integrity
- Ensure up to date and accurate posting of financial data into the ledger.
- Conduct periodic reviews and correct any anomalies in GFDO’s ledger.
- Ensure appropriate ledger reconciliations are maintained as per policy.
- Oversee day-to day financial operations of GFDO.
- Support the offices in the Global North in setting up reporting systems and offer peer handholding.
- Develop and improve existing systems and policies.
- Ensure contractual requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Manage internal and external customers.
- Execute plans designed to meet company goals by changing policies and coaching employees.
- Approve financial expenditure and other obligations as per set approval matrix.
Group Treasury management
- Support in analyzing treasury transactions across the Group and provide guidance to the team on how best to manage operations to reduce foreign exchange exposure.
- Collating input from country offices and preparation of group cashflow forecast to help manage organizational cash.
- Support in monitoring and timely clearance of bank reconciling items across the Group.
Group reporting roles
- Support the Group reporting function with analyzing of expenditure trends across the NGO programmes.
- Support in analyzing trends in Social Enterprises and development of longer term forecasting models.
- Support with Group budgeting process and development/improvement of budgeting tools.
- Support in reviewing and quality assurance of Country Office and Social Enterprise budgets.
Education & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting, or business-related field.
- Master’s degree in a business-related field will be an added advantage.
- CPA(K) or its equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Financial Analyst.
- Must have experience in financial modelling and analysis with MS Excel and can perform complex functions.
- Experience with numbers and can provide quick, insightful analyses of the stories behind the numbers.
- Experience in managing complex projects.
- Strong financial analysis and accounting skills; including oversight of general ledger reporting, cash flow management and capital planning.
- Good analytical skills; including proficiency in Excel – Pivot Tables, Scenario Modelling, Sensitivity Analysis.
- Proficiency in ICT and Accounting packages.
- Strong Negotiation skills.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- High level of integrity.
- Analytical and a critical thinker.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Team player.
- Attention to detail
- Solution oriented with problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and take full accountability.
Closing Date: 26 April 2023