Sports, Arts and Social Development Fund (SASDF) Career Opportunities; How to Apply
LATEST JOBS IN KENYA 2023
- Careers at Homa-Bay County Public Service Board
- Hot Openings at National Police Service Commission
- Internship Opportunities at RTI International
- Career Opportunities at International Rescue Committee
- Applications and Clinical Demand Specialist at Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Career Opportunities at Co-operative Bank of Kenya
- Latest Recruitment at The Coca-Cola Company
- Job Opportunities at Royal Media Group
- Job Opportunities at University of Nairobi
- Job Openings at Azenia
- Job Openings at DanChurchAid (DCA)
- Regional Finance Officer (2 Positions) at Kenya Red Cross Society
- Job Opportunities at Standard Bank Group
- Career Opportunities at SGS
- Career Opportunities at Aga Khan University Hospital
- Job Opportunities at International Rescue Committee (9 Positions)
- Vacant Openings at World Bank Group
- Vacancies at Jubilee Insurance (7 Positions)
- Latest Recruitment at UNICEF
- Inua Elimu Governor’s Grant at Migori County
- Administration Assistant at Danish Refugee Council
- Vacancies at Council of Governors
- Job Opportunities at Standard Bank Group
- Vacancies at SOS Children’s Villages (2 Positions)
- Jobs at CURE International (Patient Attendant, Housekeeper)
- Call Centre Agents at HCS Africa
- Job Opportunities at Norwegian Refugee Council
- Career Opportunities at International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI)
- Career Opportunities at Kyosk Digital Services
- Career Opportunities at Equity Bank Kenya
Sports, Arts and Social Development Fund (SASDF) Career Opportunities; How to Apply,
SPORTS, ARTS AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT FUND
POSITION JOB GRADE VACANCY NUMBER NUMBER OF POSTS
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER SASDF 1 SASDF/1/2023 1
The Sports, Arts and Social Development Fund (SASDF) is established under the Public Finance Management (Sports, Arts and Social Development Fund) Regulations, 2018 with the mandate of providing funding to support the development and promotion of sports and arts, and the promotion of social development including universal health care.
Sports, Arts and Social Development Fund (SASDF) seeks to recruit a competent, result oriented, knowledgeable, dynamic, visionary and experienced person in the position of Chief Executive Officer.
Terms of Service and Remuneration
Basic Salary As per SRC guidelines
House Allowance As per SRC guidelines
Leave Allowance As per SRC guidelines
Medical Cover & Other Allowances As provided for by the Fund
Terms of Service Three (3) years renewable Contract subject to performance
Work Station: Nairobi/Kenya
The Chief Executive Officer of the Fund will be responsible for the overall administration and management of the Fund. Duties and
Responsibilities will entail:
Overseeing development, implementation and review of strategies, frameworks, workplans, legislation, policies, guidelines, procedures and regulations for the Fund;
i. Overseeing development, implementation and review of strategies, frameworks, workplans, legislation, policies, guidelines, procedures and regulations for the Fund;
ii. Submitting reports on annual financial statements and on performance of the Fund to the Oversight Board;
iii. Facilitating and developing sectoral linkages to the Fund;
iv. Coordinating development, review and implementation of policy guidelines on the fund priorities, procedures and criteria for allocation and disbursement of funds to implementing agencies in furtherance of the objects of the Fund and in line with previous year’s National Treasury projection for the financial year;
v. Ensuring facilitation for training and capacity building programmes for persons involved in sports and recreation, creative arts, artistic production, contemporary and cultural practitioners;
vi. Spearheading development, review and implementation of policy on the management of assets, equipment and all properties under the Fund;
vii. Overseeing monitoring and evaluation of the programmes and activities under the Fund;
viii. Establishing proper internal monitoring and control systems and procedures;
ix. Coordinating preparation of business related proposals, reports and other submissions for consideration by the Oversight Board;
x. Be responsible for stakeholders’ management and enhancement of corporate image of the Oversight Board and the Fund;
xi. Providing leadership to the secretariat of the Fund;
xii. Maintaining a conducive work environment for attracting, retaining and motivating employees;
xiii. Facilitating innovation, research and documentation in arts, culture and the creative industry, sports and social development;
xiv. Fostering a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and good corporate citizenship;
xv. Ensuring that the Fund utilizes its resources according to the financial guidelines provided by Government from time to time;
xvi. Ensuring accurate and timely audits are conducted in the Fund’s books of accounts; and
xvii. Ensuring that the Fund has an effective management structure including succession plans.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
i. Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce, Finance, Economics, Business Management/Administration, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
ii. Bachelor’s Degree in either of the following disciplines: Commerce, Finance, Economics, Business Management/Administration, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
iii. Ten (10) years of work experience five (5) years of which should be at the senior management level;
iv. Membership to a professional body where applicable
v. Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution; and
vi. Demonstrated professional, managerial, and administrative competence in work performance and exhibited a thorough understanding of national goals, policies, objectives and ability to relate them to proper management of the Fund’s functions.
HOW TO APPLY
Those fulfilling the requirements of the positions should submit their applications to the addresses provided below both in hard and soft copy quoting the reference number of the vacancy on the envelope (and email respectively) together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and all relevant testimonials stating your current position, current remuneration, expected salary, telephone contacts, email and postal address. Applicants are also expected to provide the contacts of three references.
Shortlisted candidates will be expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya and provide clearance certificates from the following bodies:
i. Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance certificate)
ii. Higher Education Loans Board
iii. Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
iv. Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of good conduct)
v. Credit Reference Bureau.
All applications should be addressed to:
Sports, Arts & Social Development Fund Oversight Board
7th Floor, Flamingo Towers
P.O Box 4644 – 00200,
and delivered to the Fund’s office during working hours (8am to 5pm), with the soft copy sent to email@example.com
1. The Sports, Arts and Social Development Fund is an equal opportunity employer and therefore, persons living with disabilities, the marginalized and the minorities are encouraged to apply.
2. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
3. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The closing date of the applications is 15th May, 2023.